Imperial IPA name

Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:48 pm

I just made a new imperial IPA and need a name for it! It's loaded with Amarillo and Rainier hops, dry hopped in the fermenter with whole Cascade hops, has a 2-row base, but also a lot of Cara Malt, Vienna and Munich. It's fresh and wet, a lovely mahogany color and 8.5%abv. What should I name this thing when it goes on tap? I'm kind of leaning toward ".45-70 IPA" in honor of the big bullet that made the west the west.
AbeSoto

Re: Imperial IPA name

Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:41 pm

'Amun-RA IIPA".

RA for the use of Rainier and Amarillo - tribute to Egyptian Sun God.

Ra was said to carry the prayers and blessings of the living with the souls of the dead on the sun boat. I bet he may have had beer with him as well. :pop
Conical Fermenter - Amber Lager
Keg#1 Dunkel
Keg#2 Helles
Keg#3 Flanders Red
Keg#4 Star San
Keg#5 Star San
Keg#6 Star San
Kbar

Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:06 pm

Peak Range IIPA
A woman drove me to drink, and I never had the courtesy to thank her-W.C. Fields
scotchpine

Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:58 am

AbeSoto wrote:I just made a new imperial IPA and need a name for it! It's loaded with Amarillo and Rainier hops, dry hopped in the fermenter with whole Cascade hops, has a 2-row base, but also a lot of Cara Malt, Vienna and Munich. It's fresh and wet, a lovely mahogany color and 8.5%abv. What should I name this thing when it goes on tap? I'm kind of leaning toward ".45-70 IPA" in honor of the big bullet that made the west the west.

That sounds pretty similar to one I just kegged. I named it Par'Mach'Ka'I.P.A (Par'Mach'Kai is Klingon, yes I'm a huge dork).
gauzzastrip

Return to Favorite Beer Recipes & Styles