Wanna see my sausage?

Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:55 pm

I just started making sausage now. This is my 2nd batch and it was a hot link recipe I found. I think I didn't have enough fat in them cause they were a little dry but they sure were spicy. Those are the casings soaking in water in the bowl. Nothing like a good old hog intestine.

Here's it on my smoker the next day. The ones in the back are the 1st batch I made a few days before. They are a Polish sausage recipe I found. They weren't like most polish sausage I've had before but they were awesome.

Here are some of the finished hot links. Notice the Wyeast 3068. I brewed that day too.
dresselbrew

Re: Wanna see my sausage?

Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:07 pm

Talk about an outstanding day
Making/smoking sausage and making a weissbier

Nice work!
Don Blake
BJCP Grand Master Judge

Fermenting: WitBier
on tap: Cal Common, Funky yeast experiments
dontblake

Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:09 pm

Ive been wanting to get ino making sausage as well. looks tasty.
sitting in the corner
Petedadink

Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:47 pm

Ya know... for a second there i really didn't wanna open this thread.. My curiosity got the best of me though...

anyway... Nice work on the sausages.. my father in law makes dried sausage all the time... freakin awesome stuff.. just waitin for the time off when he's making that or coppa or prosciutto...

he had me bring back like 5lbs of casings from italy when we were there...
"Get your fat ass back here!"
"Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"

Stewie
:bnarmy:
Stewbacca

Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:43 am

That's a lot of meat. You invite some buddies over for a sausage fest? :unicornrainbow: :unicornrainbow: :unicornrainbow:
Sent From My iPhone

Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:01 am

thats sweet. can i get the recipe for the polish sausage? i got a sauseage stuffer for x-mas and havn't tride it yet. i want to start making pepperoni also. mmmm.. pepperoni

tom
drink fight fuck....
one_dead_soul

Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:17 am

It was a good day brewing and smoking. And of course drinking. I think I got the recipe from this place. It has a bunch of recipes if you want to make sausage. http://lpoli.50webs.com/Sausage%20recipes.htm

The one thing about sausage making is there are plenty of jokes easily made.
dresselbrew

Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:26 pm

Sweet Dressel-
I just made my first 2 batches of sausage in early Decemeber. I don't have a sausage stuffer (yes I said stuffer) so I just made 2 loose sausages, a hot italian and a garlic sage breakfast sausage. A 100X better than any store bought stuff.

Brad
"I could have mixed it with chocolate and vagina and it still wouldn't have helped." -- Justin Crossley

"It helps the yeast focus" -- JP (refering to the riddling process)
wezil

Next

Return to Great Food VigArously