NEW WV BREWERY!

Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:25 pm

Hey you Mountaineers out there! Have you tried the new Mountaineer Brewing company in Martinsbrug yet? Pretty new, and jsut started bottleing as far as I know. All I have had sao far was a decent lager, a pretty good stout, and a great Pale ale! Let me know if you have had the pleasure.
WVbeer

Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:21 am

Great news! Hopefully they will get some distribution down here! I tried to get my niece in Morgantown to bring me some from West Virginia Brewing Company, no such luck. She got tied up with a flat and that was more important. :P
Sláinte (to your health) and Guid forder!" (good luck)

"I love Jesus, but I drink a little." - Gladys Hardy

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with fools" - Hemmingway

"Rat Pad!"
johnc66

Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:34 pm

Oh hell yeah, when I get back to WV for Thanksgiving, I will check it out.

Thanks!
Colonel Fischer
10th Mountain Division
mfischer2

Re: NEW WV BREWERY!

Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:48 am

WVbeer wrote:Hey you Mountaineers out there! Have you tried the new Mountaineer Brewing company in Martinsbrug yet? Pretty new, and jsut started bottleing as far as I know. All I have had sao far was a decent lager, a pretty good stout, and a great Pale ale! Let me know if you have had the pleasure.

I had them when I was back home (Fairmont) at Thanksgiving!! I had the Nut Brown... it was not bad... I told my Dad to pick me up a couple of their beers the next time I am in town or he is coming to Boston... I just want to see what they are... I used to play in a lot of band at the Brew Pub in Morgantown when I lived there... and they are the reason that I stopped Drinking MGD and started drinking more craft beers...
GweedoeBrew

Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:24 pm

I have not yet tried any of the Mountaineer brands but I understand that in some places they are outselling the standard BMC even though they carry a higher price.

As a note, there is a brewpub in Frederick, MD called Barley and Hops that has been owned and operated byt the same guys for quite some time. In fact I believe they were (and still are) brewing some of the Mountaineer beers at Barley and Hops until they get production up to 100% in Martinsburg.

Cheers,

Chris
Dewdad

Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:57 am

I picked up a six of their IPA over Christmas, was pretty decent.
Sláinte (to your health) and Guid forder!" (good luck)

"I love Jesus, but I drink a little." - Gladys Hardy

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with fools" - Hemmingway

"Rat Pad!"
johnc66

Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:06 am

My aunt and Uncle from WV brough some to Ohio with them around the holidays when they came to visit my family. I was impressed.

They brought the IPA and promised to bring more. I enjoyed it and can't wait to get my hands on some more. I will hopefully be paying a visit sometime soon to see that brewpub!
Ideating - Kolsch, Hefeweizen, Raspberry Wheat
Primary - Chocolate Stout 1.5
Secondary - None.
Bottles - Pirate's Gold Ale, Northwestern Honey Amber Ale

http://scratchy-the-bum.blogspot.com/
ALEien

Return to Beer Reviews