Caldera Pale Ale (in a can!)

Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:22 pm

Since I ranted on all night at Booneville about how I thought craft brew in a can was fucking genius. I received today a 6pk of Caldera Pale Ale from a friend.

Packaging was shiny and dent-free. The color was pale straw with ample white lace. The aroma is strong floral and clean. The flavor was all middle to front of the tongue with fruity Cascade goodness and very slight bitterness. I am hiding the other 5 cans from SWMBO so I can have them all!

I would have liked a little more bitterness but this beer is damn good and local enough being just across the Oregon border. I would recommend trying to find some of this if you are in the Ashland,Ore area. You also have to salute these guys for using cans.

http://www.calderabrewing.com/index.php
Anderson Valley Brewing Co. (Bahl hornin')

Hell Freezes over show
" I am gunna guess this is an IPA. Its the same color as one and kinda tastes like one"
Dr Scott 8:10 pm Sunday Jan. 14th, 2007
Homegrown Hops

Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:43 pm

Caldera is good stuff. I grew up in Ashland Oregon so I am very familiar. Actually, my first experience with quality beer was with the Caldera Porter. I was in high school and having a party at my house when some guy none of us had ever met showed up at my door with a Caldera keg in tow. He stayed for about 10 minutes and then left withOUT his keg. Needless to say we finished it off that night, then the next day he just showed back up to pick up his (empty) keg. Maybey he was my beer angel...?
Work is the curse of the drinking classes
brewgirl

Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:44 pm

brewgirl wrote:Caldera is good stuff. I grew up in Ashland Oregon so I am very familiar. Actually, my first experience with quality beer was with the Caldera Porter. I was in high school and having a party at my house when some guy none of us had ever met showed up at my door with a Caldera keg in tow. He stayed for about 10 minutes and then left withOUT his keg. Needless to say we finished it off that night, then the next day he just showed back up to pick up his (empty) keg. Maybey he was my beer angel...?

Wow, that is totally cool. I would totally love to do that for some local highschooler (i.e. introduce them to good beer), but these days providing beer (even good beer!) to highschoolers is a recipe for legal disaster. Such a shame, I remember when I was in high school going to a couple field parties with Coors Light kegs or similar. I would probably have saved a few brain cells if I'd been introduced to good beer earlier.

Ah well.
markmier

Return to Beer Reviews