Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:24 am

Got them here in NC...
Sláinte (to your health) and Guid forder!" (good luck)

"I love Jesus, but I drink a little." - Gladys Hardy

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with fools" - Hemmingway

"Rat Pad!"
johnc66

Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:54 am

johnc66 wrote:Got them here in NC...

You lie. They are like the tooth fairy. :D
"Mash, I made you my bitch!" -Tasty
Dirk McLargeHuge
Global Moderator

Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:37 am

More like Bigfoot.... every now and then you get a glimpse....
Sláinte (to your health) and Guid forder!" (good luck)

"I love Jesus, but I drink a little." - Gladys Hardy

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with fools" - Hemmingway

"Rat Pad!"
johnc66

Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:19 pm

I poured the grape ale out after a couple of sips. And I 'm not one to pour out beer. I thought the weizenbock was yummy, though.
mexicanham

Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:02 am

i gave the weizenbock another try (actually two more since it comes 3 to the sixpack) and the second and third were better. really clove-y. no banana at all. i think i just had aventinus in my head and when i got a decidedly thinner, lighter beer it threw me. so i upgrade my review to decent, but nothing i'd buy again. i'll take the maltier, darker aventinus anytime. but hey, who wouldn't, it IS aventinus.
slanted & enchanted

Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:43 pm

I would agree with most of the statements made so far. Body is a little thin in the long shot weizenbock but I still think it's good. I've made the mistake of comparing other beers to Aventinus in the past and have just recently rectified that. (I said rectified.) As for the grape ale I was expecting far worse. I didn't think the grape was especially noticable. Just an accent note. All in all I did come out of the six pack a little disappointed. I know there's no way I'll get to try Tasty's beer without waiting another year and that really twists my tit.
"They who DRINK beer, will THINK beer." Washington Irving
http://thinkbeer.blogspot.com
djgray1200

Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:46 pm

So I was at the liquor store on Saturday and lo and behold... in the back of the walk in were 2 six packs of Longshot! I guess they really do exist! I'll be giving them a try this week!

PS - Sorry Dirk. But hey, if you want to do a trade, I will send you one of each if you send me some Real Ale Coffee Porter and their IPA!
http://www.thirstymallard.wordpress.com

"If beer and women aren't the answer, then you're asking the wrong questions." -Anonymous

BN Army Corporal; Southern Support - Gulf Coast Division

Texas is better than your state. Fact.
Thirsty Mallard

Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:28 pm

Thirsty Mallard wrote:So I was at the liquor store on Saturday and lo and behold... in the back of the walk in were 2 six packs of Longshot! I guess they really do exist! I'll be giving them a try this week!

PS - Sorry Dirk. But hey, if you want to do a trade, I will send you one of each if you send me some Real Ale Coffee Porter and their IPA!

I can get their IPA. I've never seen their coffee porter. Let me investigate!
"Mash, I made you my bitch!" -Tasty
Dirk McLargeHuge
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Beer Reviews