Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:51 am

For the record, I did warm it and drink it out of a Merlot glass (I don't own any snifters...).

I tried to just take nice little sips... but it was just too much and I had trouble drinking it and keeping it down.

Maybe it is something you come to appreciate over time... like scotch. I can't stand scotch, but apparently it is the drink of the gods to some people.
http://www.thirstymallard.wordpress.com

"If beer and women aren't the answer, then you're asking the wrong questions." -Anonymous

BN Army Corporal; Southern Support - Gulf Coast Division

Texas is better than your state. Fact.
Thirsty Mallard

Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:04 pm

I had a similar experience as Mallard did when I tried this brew. I have been wondering for years now if it wouldn't make a great BBQ sauce additive though.
"The reason you brew 20 Gallons of beer is 'cause it's 20 gallons of beer for Fuck's sake!"
Justin Crossley; Frugal Brewing 7-16-06
Oregon J

Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:32 pm

That... is... BRILLIANT!

That would probably make a fantastic BBQ sauce or at least a nice marinade!

"If beer and women aren't the answer, then you're asking the wrong questions." -Anonymous

Thirsty Mallard

Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:45 am

yeah...really the triple bock isn't beer. well at one time it was beer that someone poured into an ashtray and then they bottled it. at least thats what it tastes like to me. there's a store near me still selling the 97 stuff for $7.99 a bottle.
suck it
boobookittyfuk

Re: Sam Adams Triple Bock

Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:52 am

Thirsty Mallard wrote:I had to pour it out... but I did try.

Verdict: Sam Adams Triple Bock - I'll save it for the pro's... it's not for me.

Thirsty! You are the BN Army Beer Disposal team! We assumed you would pour it down your throat. :D

I had the same reaction to their Hallertauer Imperial Pilsner. Takes a stronger man than me. Thanks for the heads up.
"Mash, I made you my bitch!" -Tasty
Dirk McLargeHuge
Global Moderator

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:23 am

Interesting... I have seen the Hallertau Imperial Pilsner and was thinking of giving it a try...

Maybe I will think twice. SUPER BIG beers just arent for me.

Thirsty Mallard

Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:17 pm

The Imperial Pilsner is excellent! Is isn't as syrupy as the triple-bock, it is carbonated, and has probably the best hallertauer aroma/smell available.
- Norskie
Norskie

Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:24 pm

Thirsty Mallard wrote:Interesting... I have seen the Hallertau Imperial Pilsner and was thinking of giving it a try...

Maybe I will think twice. SUPER BIG beers just arent for me.

It's actually worth a taste. They add so many hops to this beer it is a hop fest. Interestingly enough, it must be a huge late hop percentage because it is not bitter at all. All that hop flavor is very complex. As you take a swig, the hop taste goes from grassy, to almost minty, and finishes a little floral. Get it while you can. I doubt they will be brewing many batches of that in this hop condition we are in. It's analogous to one person driving a big Hummer around town with four flat tires and the A/C blasting with all the windows open, and towing a boat on a trailer that the axle has fallen off of... AND - get this - they are holding their hand out of the window making it fly up and down.

Mylo
"Life is too short to bottle homebrew." - Me

"HEINEKEN? Fuck that shit! Pabst Blue Ribbon!!!" - Dennis Hopper, in Blue Velvet
Mylo
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Beer Reviews