Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:00 am

Fellow Aussie looking for new stuff to try - where are you getting onto these beers in Oz?

Kev
koalasprint

Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:23 am

Hey Kev,

From the international beer shop online - link -

But I've seen some of these in G&G in Melbourne as well (higher prices) so either they are buying it off the web site as well, or there is someone importing in general and the beers might start to appear in the better beer shops (I've looked at a couple of the better ones in Melbourne and nothing yet)

We can only hope that this means a start has been made to bringing some more of the US beers to our market.

I only worry that they have spent so long on a boat and been sitting in hot warehouses etc, so we might not be getting them in great condition and then hastily judge as less than they really are when drunk at their peak.

Thanks everyone, I think that I'll go with the consensus and look to the Anchor products as classics and then work my way through the others. Just so that I know they are all worth a bit of an effort to try.

Cheers

Thirsty
Thirsty Boy

Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:47 am

Great Divide Yeti Imperial Stout, Great Divide Hercules Double IPA, and Left Hand Milk Stout are probably my favorite off of the list. Of coarse I am kind of partial to Colorado Brews. That's awesome that you are finally gonna get a taste of our beers. Enjoy!
BadRock
Global Moderator

Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:59 pm

I managed to pick up a Sam Adams in our local Dan Murpheys (big liquor chain here in Oz). It was nearly 6 bucks for a 330ml bottle (erm.. 12oz?) but I thought I'd give it a go.

Not bad. Malt. Hops. Very pleasant. Not 6 bucks pleasant but worth trying once. If it were cheaper I might buy it again.

There are plenty of UK and European beers here and quite a few local micros but the Sam Adams is the only US beer I have ever seen (yes.. we can get Bud, miller and coors but I did say beer...). Are any of the brewers we hear on the show planning to export? Will we ever be able to get a 21A in the can over here?

Cheers
Dave
www.airgeadstudio.net
Internet Hosting, Design & Consultancy Services
Airgead

Previous

Return to Beer Reviews