No votes
Hell No!
13%
Cutthediptube
63%

Total votes : 8

Tease....Belgium.....Tease......

Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:47 pm

My buddies parents just came over for a visit from holland and this is the gift that they brang me.......

I can't wait to get into this thing.....The only one that I have enjoyed in the past is hoegaarden which is not bad at all......and my personal taste buds have been coming around to the belgian "styles" very much recently with my favourite of abbey's being Westmalle........gotta love westmalle triple.......................yummy...........................
Prost,
Northern Brewer
northern brewer

Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:35 pm

I've not had the centre two, but of the others (excluding the Hoegarden) I can give you a big thumbs up. My preference would go

Kwak
Triple Karmeliet
DeKonnick

You are in for a treat.

Thirsty
Thirsty Boy

Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:27 am

i really like tripel karmeliet, i believe it contains oats and wheat unlike most tripels.
shane

Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:31 pm

they all suck so just box em up and send them to me so I can properly dispose of them! :lol: The only one I havn't had is the Echt Kriekbier.Considering what its been boxed with you cant go wrong with any of em
sitting in the corner
Petedadink

Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:40 pm

the Kwak is AMAZING.
We have a small Belgian restaurant close to the house that we like to visit that have some of the most incredible Belgian beers on hand. It's called Bistro Bières Belges. Specialty is Mussels and fries. Have you ever tasted mussels done in a rich and creamy garlic sauce?!?!?!?! wow!! anyway, my wife had a Kwak to start off the evening and no regrets at the table. For me, a Kwak is best enjoyed after dinner but it was still delicious.
And the fun thing about this place is that they serve your beer in the right glass. And this glass has a round bottom so you need a stand to hold it up. All part of the fun.

GREAT beer. I say that in the batch that you have pictured, the Hoegaarden is the least exciting.

ENJOY!
shunt

Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:11 pm

Which Corsendonk is that? Pater (dubbel) or Agnus (tripel)? Shunt and I were just discussing that one. I prefer the Agnus myself but both are excellent.

I do give Hoegaarden (or more correctly Pierre Celis) props for rediscovering the style but take a look for Kira or St Bernardus Wit. You'll be much happier.
BN Army 1st Ranger Battalion :bnarmy:

http://www.macgruffusbrewery.com
http://www.savannahbrewers.com

They speak of my drinking but never think of my thirst. - Scottish Proverb
macgruffus

Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:38 pm

macgruffus wrote:Which Corsendonk is that? Pater (dubbel) or Agnus (tripel)? Shunt and I were just discussing that one. I prefer the Agnus myself but both are excellent.

I do give Hoegaarden (or more correctly Pierre Celis) props for rediscovering the style but take a look for Kira or St Bernardus Wit. You'll be much happier.

Agnus Tripel.

would shower in that if I could...
shunt

Return to Beer Reviews