Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:39 pm

I thought it was much like soy sauce too. Not at all wine/port/sherry like. More like some nasty thick soy sauce. I'll pass.
"I feel sorry for those who don't drink because when they get up in the morning that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
— Frank Sinatra
Lars

Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:44 pm

I told my wife of what this post was about and all she said was "ewww no."
sitting in the corner
Petedadink

Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:07 am

I had it years ago I remember thinking "wow someone mixed molassas and soy sauce" even a good tobacco pipe couldn't help improve the flavor.
:bnarmy:
Brewing, Teaching, Consulting, and mostly just cleaning...

Brewer in NC at a Pub to be named later...
Geistbier

Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:29 am

After the Mets lost I cracked open my bottle of '95 with some other NY expats. Tasted similar to how it did 10 years ago, but with a lot more complexity. My friends loved it, it's not something for me. Whatever it is that's causing the 'soy sauce' flavor is what I can't get over.

Now that bottle of Arrogant Bastard I just drank....that's something special
Take pride in your achievements...because your failings will be punished without mercy.
Primary: American IPA (FWH!)
Bottled: 10W40 American Stout
Bottled: Utility American Mild
Lagering: Maibock
Bike Geek T-Shirts: www.cafepress.com/bzndesigns
Mr DNA

Agreed

Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:42 pm

Two of my friends and I decided to try this along with some other non-session beers a couple years ago... this "beer" was nasty. None of us liked it as a beverage.. and like they say with wine, cook with what you would drink, so it's not even worth that.

If anyone wants to convince me otherwise, feel free to send me the cash for another bottle. :)

"will you eat the placenta on-air?"- Doc
T.
TimL

Previous

Return to Beer Reviews