Chocolate Stout Milkshake

Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:35 pm

This was great. Youngs Double Chocolate stout and some vanilla ice cream. Kick ass....

Travis
A very silly place... http://yarnzombie.net/Travis/

Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza.
-Dave Barry
Lufah

Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:57 pm

Sounds excellent!

Fred Eckhart used to always serves a RIS float with vanilla ice cream at his annual chcolate & beer event on or near Vaentines Day. Those are quite good as well.
Danno

Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:23 am

:shock: That sounds damn good. :shock:
We don't know why Beer-Drinking-Rodents develope fewer tumors. Follow up studies must be done. Dr. Richard Neilson University of Illinoise, 1986
popester

Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:17 am

I know its sacriledge, but there was a hipster diner near my house in Brooklyn that served Dogfish Head's World Wide Stout Milkshakes.

I almost beat my friend that bought it for me for wasting beer until I tasted it.

Oh. My. God.

WWS & HaagenDasz Vanilla Bean Ice cream is sooooooo goood.
Ziggy-san

Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:06 am

I have been shocking bartenders with this little gem for a while now. I just order a stout, an extra glass, a vanilla ice cream and a spoon. The look on their face when I start making it is always priceless.
GooberMcNutly

Mon May 15, 2006 6:42 pm

I saw this post a while back and then the other day i was drinking a youngs double chocolate and fell asleep after a few sips. When i woke up it was all warm so i busted out the vanilla ice cream and made a stout shake. It was awesome. Thanks for the tip lufah. :D
"Anyone who is offended by comedy can feel free to roll around in barbed wire with Magic Johnson."
newbiebrew

Mon May 15, 2006 8:39 pm

I tried making a Guiness ice cream float once, but it didn't work very well. The bitterness of the Guiness was accentuated by the sweet ice cream and it just got worse the more I ate it. I'll have to try it again, but with Young's next time. Sounded like a good idea.
-Greg
Spidey

Tue May 16, 2006 2:44 pm

Anderson Valley Brewing Company Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout and Buds Vanilla Icecream at the Buckhorn in Boonville.

Cheers
KC-Dave

Return to Beer Reviews