Rock Bottom cask conditioned IPA

Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:13 pm

Hi,

I was recently in the city of La Jolla, California for a wedding. I live in the Sacramento area. My boyfriend and I had a couple beers and some wings at the Rock Bottom Brewery there in town. My boyfriend tried their cask conditioned IPA, which he really liked and has been thinking about it ever since. Unfortunately, they do not bottle and ship that type of beer. I was curious if anyone has tried this and knows a dupe that I can get for him? I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,
Kelly :)
kcaico

Re: Rock Bottom cask conditioned IPA

Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:32 pm

kcaico wrote:My boyfriend tried their cask conditioned IPA, which he really liked and has been thinking about it ever since. Unfortunately, they do not bottle and ship that type of beer.

Generally that will be the case for any cask conditioned beer, as it is a difference in process between cask conditioning and bottle conditioning. While it may be possible to find another good IPA that he will like, the cask conditioning aspect will be hard to replicate without actual cask conditioning. However, it is becoming more popular for bars to have casks as part of their line up, often rotating out different beers regularly. If you can find one closer to you, that might be the best solution!
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Return to Favorite Beer Recipes & Styles