Old Hops Grab Bag! - www.NikoBrew.com

Sat May 12, 2012 10:02 am

Good afternoon fellow BN Army members!

Over the past 3 and a half years between equipment changes and warehouse moves we have a pile of hops that for whatever reason never made it into inventory. Most of these have been stored frozen though at times some may have not been for about a week. Many of the bags have handwritten info on them (my wife used to use a sharpie to write the variety and alpha acid content on each and every pack and the ones I wrote myself look quite ugly lol) from before we started printed labels for them. Some of their seals have come apart enough that the hops move around in the bag but no hops fall out for most of them too. As long as they don't smell like cheese you can use then but I would assume a little bit of alpha loss. There are a bunch of calculators online for figuring out how much has been lost but it's impossible to be certain as there are so many factors involved.

That being said Grab Bags consist of 8 2oz packs of assorted old hops (2009 and 2010 crop). They will literally be in one huge bag that Warehouse Enforcer Scott will pull from until they are gone. When we are out of 2oz packs we will move to full pounds (there aren't nearly as many of these).

Grab Bags - $6 while supplies last
http://www.nikobrew.com/old-hops-grab-bag-8-2oz-packs-of-old-hops/

Thanks for your time, support, and have a kickass weekend!
-Niko-

BN Army Sergeant

"Samsonite?!?.. I was WAY off!" - Lloyd Christmas

Come get your hops and more! Low prices and $5 flat rate shipping on hops-only orders http://www.NikoBrew.com
NikoBrew

Re: Old Hops Grab Bag! - www.NikoBrew.com

Sun May 13, 2012 5:05 pm

Hey Niko,
Have you sold out already? I checked your site and was informed that it is not available.
Thanks for all you do,
Alan
Alan Marks
alan_marks

Re: Old Hops Grab Bag! - www.NikoBrew.com

Sun May 13, 2012 5:59 pm

alan_marks wrote:Hey Niko,
Have you sold out already? I checked your site and was informed that it is not available.
Thanks for all you do,
Alan

Actually yeah sold out. 32 pounds of these in about 24 hours. These definitely went quicker than I figured they would and we should have more in stock within a few days. I have a couple more boxes of hops like these in cold storage here in Idaho to ship up to Niko North (Bellingham, Washington warehouse) :)
NikoBrew

Return to Brewing Ingredients