Re: Lets see your Kegerator

Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:15 am

You know, I may try to get fam to Piece this Thanksgiving. My kegerator "build" is on delay until next summer. Until then, my four kegs will pour off ponies. I"ll post pix of that and my "room" soon.
Timmy
BN Army Air Corps

Go Cubbies!
TimmyR

Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:53 pm

We upholstered our chest freezer kegerator to hide the collar. We've got 4 taps on the face and 4 picnic taps "under the hood".

I built a wooden frame out of furring strips and mending plates. We upholstered over the frame. It covers up the collar we built for the chest freezer very nicely. It also allows for the drip plate to settle into the spot I left open for it.
Primary: ESB
Secondary:
Kegged: Biere de Garde, Bourbon-Oaked Brown Porter, Strong Golden Ale, Dry-hopped ESB, English Barleywine, Cider
ntillemans

Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:07 am

Its a rusty 28 cubic foot chest freezer from craigslist I got for 50 bucks. Instead of making a collar, I drilled a hole in the top and mounted a simple wooden box I constructed. The tap handles are made from a piece of driftwood and some plexiglass. Inside the box is a modified styrofoam dry-ice container that works to keep the heat out of the freezer. I use a manual controller for temp which I calibrate using a lab thermometer on the inside. The size of the chest freezer works great for lagers and serving!

http://tinyurl.com/82rd9d
WormsandBeer

Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:03 pm

I finally got my chest freezer converted. Seven beers on now including my tower, 9 should be next month when I get more shanks. Here they are

how it started. You should have seen the inside. Way worse off...

Sanded and Primed

after paint

With collar

Modified lid to fit two more kegs

taps and beer list

Flying the flag

inside

My first kegerator with extended tower

alt

heroic head

currently on the tower

It's not done yet, I am still going to top it with a sheet of stainless and some stained wood trim. The stainless alone will cost me as much as it will to make it six taps on the freezer so that's on the back burner. I'll post pics when I'm done with that.

Chris
Sergeant in the BN army.
chriscose

Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:29 pm

Nice job ntillemans, I like the upholstery to cover the collar.
triple-oh_six :bnarmy:

Cajun Brewing
triple-oh-six

Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:20 am

triple-oh_six wrote:Nice job ntillemans, I like the upholstery to cover the collar.

Thanks for the kudos.

I was drooling over the posts on this thread for months before I came up with my design.

I'm happy with it.

8)
Primary: ESB
Secondary:
Kegged: Biere de Garde, Bourbon-Oaked Brown Porter, Strong Golden Ale, Dry-hopped ESB, English Barleywine, Cider
ntillemans

Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:14 pm

Well BN let me know what you think. I have been working on this for a few months mostly waiting for money and parts but I finally finished. I had my first beers tonight. Made the tap handles myself and the design is what I have been dreaming up over the past few years.

Joebrewer
joebrewer

Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:07 pm

This is a work in progress but serves me well. I am putting in a creamer faucet and beer gas soon. I would like to make the collar higher so I can fit taller items on the compressor hump; I plan on insulating the back of it as well.

On Tap: Dark Mild (x2), Honey Hefe
Fermenting: A.Bastard Clone, Wee Heavy, S/70, Eng. Barleywine
On Deck: ?
11amas

PreviousNext

Return to Brewing Equipment