Re: Blichmann Alternatives? Advice Sought

Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:35 pm

Well, my stand is shipped. So that's good. I think I'll think twice about any conical purchases going forward, although those are a Long Way Off.
pfooti

Brewstands.com

Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:19 am

I got my stand from http://brewstands.com about month ago and couldn't be more pleased with quality. They have there standard 3 tier designs for pots and keggles. If they don't have what you want they will design one to your specs. There prices are way more affordable than the mass marketed stands making it not such a leap to advance from extract to all grain brewing.Thanks again to Jason and Jay for the great stand. Image
pagansaint

Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:05 pm

That is what I wanted to know. Thanks for updating us. I just wanted to make sure that they were legit before I ordered one!
rlynge

Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:00 pm

pagansaint - can I ask what that stand cost you? I'm very interested in something similar.
ZooKeeper

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:24 am

pfooti wrote:Well, my stand is shipped. So that's good. I think I'll think twice about any conical purchases going forward, although those are a Long Way Off.

Now he's got a recirc and burner control "Tower of Power" addition coming up. I've only seen some vague images and suggestions as to how it works (via the BN shows), but I'm putting off an order for a T-T until I see how this new gadget will integrate.

Glad to see that the shipping issue(s) were resolved. It's hell to be popular. :) I'm sure Mr.B. has to balance the popularity of his equipment pretty carefully with the possible addition of any more help to keep up with the demand.

Nice images in your second thread.
________

Brew for the future.
Drink in the moment.
BierTodd

Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:33 pm

scotchpine wrote: Then you gotta have someone weld it. From what I undestand, I think it should be TIG welded for the stongest weld, since it has to support a good bit of weight.
-Scott

Tig welding is always nice but it certainly isn't necessary for building the structure of a home brewery. A GMAW (mig) weld can be plenty strong on stainless if it's done with the appropriate filler wire and shielding gas.
customfab

Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:47 am

customfab wrote:
scotchpine wrote: Then you gotta have someone weld it. From what I undestand, I think it should be TIG welded for the stongest weld, since it has to support a good bit of weight.
-Scott

Tig welding is always nice but it certainly isn't necessary for building the structure of a home brewery. A GMAW (mig) weld can be plenty strong on stainless if it's done with the appropriate filler wire and shielding gas.

Does this mean that you only need to TIG weld SS when you need a sanitary weld to be Gas or water tight?
A woman drove me to drink, and I never had the courtesy to thank her-W.C. Fields
scotchpine

Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:04 am

scotchpine wrote:
customfab wrote:
-Scott

Does this mean that you only need to TIG weld SS when you need a sanitary weld to be Gas or water tight?

I'm no welder but probably not. It is more likely linked to the skill of the welder. Tig is probably easier to do when you need it sanitary than mig. Heck if you wanted and had the time you could also gas weld it. All with the same results if gou are good.
On tap: dunkelwiessen, american brown ale
Fermenting: american barleywine
On deck: ? what ever is next
PSUHomebrewer

PreviousNext

Return to Brewing Sculptures