My brew sculpture

Wed May 20, 2009 6:03 pm

My single tier stand is a work in progress. Here is where I am at so far...

http://twitpic.com/5lhfe

http://twitpic.com/5ibfq
brewme_SLC

Re: My brew sculpture

Wed May 20, 2009 6:10 pm

Looking good man! Keep it going. I found the hardest part was after the frame was assembled mounting the burners. I couldnt figure out how I wanted them. Like the polished keg also :D
Normal is getting dressed and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for, in order to get the job you need to pay for the cloths and the car and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.
budrockdiesel

Fri May 22, 2009 1:28 pm

Looking good for a start. I chose to build mine out of old bed frames. (They were free.) I'm also going to shamelessly copy Budrockdiesel's all stainless gas manifold, with a few tweaks. PM him and tell him to send you some pics. You won't be disappointed. The only thing I would say is that it looks too tall in the pics. I can see no reason for the top to be any more than a total of 22" high. (Including casters.) 22" is the height of the new Italian carboys, do going any higher than that just makes it harder to stir the mash tun.
aleguy

Sat May 23, 2009 8:08 pm

aleguy wrote:I can see no reason for the top to be any more than a total of 22" high. (Including casters.) 22" is the height of the new Italian carboys, do going any higher than that just makes it harder to stir the mash tun.

Gravity filling a Fermenator? That's what I sized mine for.
Aging: Gotlandsdrickå, Baltic Porter in Bourbon barrel, Olde Ale #2 in whiskey barrel
On Draft: Nothing. Building a walk-in cooler right now.
foomench

Sun May 24, 2009 5:28 am

That's okay, then. But my feeling is that of I can afford a Fermenator, I can afford a pump to fill it with. At that point I might be using a Therminator too. Of course I wouldn't buy a Fermenator unless it was the 14 1/2 gallon model. I just don't see the point in getting one the same size as a carboy.
aleguy

Return to Brewing Sculptures