Re: Euro trip

Thu May 29, 2014 7:49 am

Amsterdam is a good place to drink.
Check out these places....
Cafe In De Wildermann (Flying Dog have or did have a tie up with these guys on a farmhouse IPA)
Cafe Belgique
Browerij 't Ij (a little out of the centre, but easy on public transport)

This site is by Ron Pattinson (who you may have heard of)
http://www.europeanbeerguide.net/amspubs1.htm
I've used the guide many times and he's pretty much spot on with his selections.

Have a great trip :)
markpotts

Thu May 29, 2014 11:48 am

Thanks everyone for your help so far, got an excellent list of places to visit. Can't wait!
Private First Class BN Militia 1st Sheep Wrangler Division
Up next: IIPA
Primary: empty
Secondary: empty
Kezzor: empty, Cider, empty, Wheat Beer, empty
hop loader

Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:41 pm

Nice one, you are going to have a drinking good time over here! Just got back from London and there is brewery mile were there are five breweries in 1 mile straight line next to the rail road tracks!! Amazing Biers, it's in East London. So much more info I would love to give you, but only over some killer biers in Amsterdam. Please let me know when you'll be here, it would be Kool meet another army member.

Daddy Biers!
Daddy Biers

Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:26 am

Just got back from France, big city to navigate for sure so depends where you stay. There is a querky little bottle shop called Biere et Malt that is fairly centrally located for catty out. It's small but had some cool stuff. There is a chain of "The Frog..." pubs around the area that are supposed to be good beer spots. Also a place called Au Trappist and another called Académie de la Bière. It's a tough town to feed a hop craving in, but this will get you started. If you want a decent hoppy French beer, try one of the ales from Brasserie Du Mont. Pretty decent, though not West Coast heavy. Cheers.
GivEmAle

Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:19 pm

Hey everyone,

Thanks again for the suggestions and I got to visit a few of them but the best thing I can recommend if your anywhere is the ratebeer app whenever I was thirsty it had a great recommendation for me.

now to catch up on a month of the BN!!
Private First Class BN Militia 1st Sheep Wrangler Division
Up next: IIPA
Primary: empty
Secondary: empty
Kezzor: empty, Cider, empty, Wheat Beer, empty
hop loader

Previous

Return to Travel