Re: Stone Levitation

Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:05 pm

I brewed this back in early October and entered into a local competition at the Bull and Bones Bruhaus in Blacksburg, VA. They had four categories: light, amber, dark and specialty. They picked a winner of each category (which I won with this recipe in the amber category). The overall best of show got their beer brewed at the brewery and will be served around Valentine's Day. The BOS was a member of my club and the beer was a Russian Imperial Stout. This beer is really, really good. Flavorful and easy on the liver. It will be a regular at my house.
Primary: Surley Bender
2ndary: ESB and Black Forest Stout (which has formed a pellicle, guess I'll ride it out)
On Tap:
Evin Twin
Belgian Stout
In Bottles:
Tasty's APA
Black IPA
Bourbon Barrel Aged RIS
S. English Brown
summy

Re: Stone Levitation

Thu May 26, 2011 6:34 pm

Me and a friend brewed this beer as an extract recipe with steeping grains and it turned out awesome! Just dropped the pale ale malt for Light DME. Awesome beer!
Pouring - Infidel Porter, Pallino Wit
Fermenting - Till a rustic Saison
On Deck - Abbey Dubbel, Belgian Golden Strong maybe with brett
LukeD23

Previous

Return to The Jamil Show / Can You Brew It?