Wicked Weed

Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:23 am

I guess this post could have gone under Reviews or Travel or something else, but I decided to put it here in lieu of the recent Session.
The Session with Wicked Weed was a really enjoyable show. Very entertaining, interesting and educational. The guys from Wicked Weed seemed extremely modest and just plain stoked to be on the show.

With that being said, a couple of us hit up the Wicked Weed yesterday, with a side trip to their new tasting room. Both the original location and the new Funkatorium were amazing. Great atmosphere, food and most importantly...BEER.
We split a bunch of flights and were able to taste 18 beers. Not a single one disappointed.
The Funkatorium is a very unique space, with over 500 barrels on display, and a killer lineup of Sours and Funky Wild beers.
We asked our server if either Luke or Walt were available. Luke came to our table and was thrilled to hear that we were avid BN listeners and found "their show" to be an instant classic.

Wicked Weed and the BN....keep on keepin on!
shiftynobrow

Re: Wicked Weed

Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:34 am

With the BN off to Australia, anyone there to put up this podcast?
"Coors Light Drinker? You've Been Assimilated!!!"
3 Dogs

Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:22 am

As far as I understand neither JP or Moscow went to OZ. I would think one of them would be able to upload a podcast but I guess not. It seems every time Justin is out of town the podcast listeners just have to wait.....and wait.
gwaugh

Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:22 pm

That episode is already up, and it was great. I have been listening to it, the Rare Barrel, and Crocked Stave episodes a lot. I really want to brew a good sour beer someday....
Oddball Brewing Company - A nano start up in Pembroke NH http://www.oddbbrewing.com
NHbeerscene

Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:28 pm

One of my favorite episodes of the year. Those guys were great and i cannot wait to head back up there. Great homebrew info. Thankfully they distribute in Charlotte.
Millhaus

Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:15 am

Since they've moved to the Monday only format, I rarely make a live show. I have so many archives to catch on. I wonder if they recorded anything in Oz.

NHBbeerscene, I just saw the article in the Concord Monitor about your new brewery. Best of luck to you!
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:42 am

The wicked weed show was the best thing I've ever heard, ever.
drunkin-drezz

Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:40 pm

I just started listening to the Session about 6 months ago. Today I went back to listen to the Wicked Weed episode and it was fantastic. I really enjoyed it and sooo want to visit their two locations the next time I'm in NC.
TinyManInside

Return to The Sunday Session