Carbonation chart pressure/temp?

Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:15 pm

Question on carbonating in a corny.

Using the chart in "Brewing Classic Styles", I set my regulator to the pressure in the chart for the corresponding beer temperature. I wait 1 or 2 weeks and my carbonation always seems low. Do I need to set the regulator higher, such as 20-25 psi for a few days and then back it down to the pressure in the chart? I don't shake the keg at all. I figured with enough time it should carbonate??

Acepilot
acepilot

Re: Carbonation chart pressure/temp?

Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:02 pm

I have been starting at 30 psi and backing it down 5psi per day till I get to 10 and leaving it there. It has been working well for me.
A woman drove me to drink, and I never had the courtesy to thank her-W.C. Fields
scotchpine

Re: Carbonation chart pressure/temp?

Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:38 pm

If you need it fast!!!!!! Go with 30 PSI Lay the corny horizontally across your thighs with the gas inlet on the bottom. Feel the gas connection with your hand and alternately raise your knees while rolling the corny back and forth. You will feel and hear the CO2 work its way into the beer as you rock and roll. 15 - 20 minutes, 30 PSI overnight, You have great head overnight or maybe sooner if your lucky. I drop to about 20 PSI using the bleed down while drinking technique. After a couple of days you can drop the pressure down to near chart level... seems to be working well for my 35*F beer. I use a foam pad on my lap to avoid the chill and bruising. Drink great brew!
Eldorado/ Lemon Drop Summer IPA
German Bock
Boh Pils brewed on a 96 degree day.
gwk453

Return to The Sunday Session