New Canned Beers from Ohio

Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:41 pm

A few breweries in Ohio have started distributing this past year and all have been incredible. Two from Cincinnati: Madtree and Rhinegeist. I haven't tried too many of the Rhinegeist but those that I have tried are good. Madtree is terrific. They offer three year round: a dank dryhopped IPA, a hoppy brown ale, and an amber. They also have two seasonal spring releases: a Kolsch and I rye pale ale.

The third that I highly recommend is Jackie O's. It started as a small brewpup in Athens, OH where Ohio University started. There isn't too many cities close to Athens but the there is a ton of woody outdoor activities nearby and Jackie O's is well worth the visit for terrific beer. They offer a pale ale, IPA, and brown in cans. For a smaller brewery they produce an excellent product.

If anyone is interested let me know and maybe give me a little advise on how to ship beer since this is my first time. I wouldn't be opposed to sending "sample packs" of a few of a breweries beers or sampler of each.
OUBobcatBrewer

Re: New Canned Beers from Ohio

Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:26 pm

OUBobcatBrewer wrote: They offer a pale ale, IPA, and brown in cans. .

They are now canning the Hop Ryot as well.
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Fat Heads Brewery from Ohio

Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:14 pm

I can also get a variety of Fat Heads beers. Their Head Hunter is a great IPA. I'm trying their Hop JuJu Imperial IPA tonight and I think I am in heaven.
OUBobcatBrewer

Re: Fat Heads Brewery from Ohio

Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:44 am

this should probably be a reply to your previous thread, not its own thread; just a thought.

[Thanks for pointing this out! -BD]
-PFC Kragaad, Abacus 'Brewing Company'

Fermenter - PBW
Aging - Sweet Mead, Dry Mead, Saison, Cider 1, Cider 2, Vanilla Bourbon RIS
Cellar - Cherry Porter, Pale (Cascade), IPA, Belgian Pale, Irish Stout
Next - 3 Pales (Citra, Amarillo, Experimental 342)
AbacusBrewingCo

Return to Swaps