Beersmith ques

Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:48 pm

This may be in the wrong category....but I'm using beersmith and I wanna scale up a recipe up. I've searched the help folder and it says there is a "scale recipe" button on the ribbon. I can't find it anywhere. Also, I am sober. I've been trying to find this button for the last couple of days. I think I've used it before. But I CANNOT find it right now. Where is this damn button?? :?
"The word unblowupable is tossed around a lot these days..."
Homer Simpson
bazookazilla

Re: Beersmith ques

Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:03 pm

bazookazilla wrote:This may be in the wrong category....but I'm using beersmith and I wanna scale up a recipe up. I've searched the help folder and it says there is a "scale recipe" button on the ribbon. I can't find it anywhere. Also, I am sober. I've been trying to find this button for the last couple of days. I think I've used it before. But I CANNOT find it right now. Where is this damn button?? :?

When you are in the recipe design screen it will be top right hand corner on the 'Home' ribbon bar. It's an Icon with a Small and large Carboy.
NervousDad

Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:10 pm

OH SHIT!!! I see it, thank you!! I feel like such a fuckin' dumbass....

If it was a snake it would have bit me, I believe is the expression.

Thanks, Dad
Homer Simpson
bazookazilla

Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:46 pm

bazookazilla wrote:OH SHIT!!! I see it, thank you!! I feel like such a fuckin' dumbass....

lol. I like BeerSmith. When I was working at GRB I used it frequently to scale pilot batches up to production scale (20 bbl). That doesn't exactly work because a production rig has better efficiency than a pilot rig (we were getting 85% extraction), but you can run the numbers through the calculator and get close.

Charlie (has wanted a mash mixer ever since!)
"Yes officer, I know that I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
Charlie

Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:50 pm

bazookazilla wrote:OH SHIT!!! I see it, thank you!! I feel like such a fuckin' dumbass....

Thanks, Dad

I can't believe I said top right , I ment to say left Glad you still found it :)
NervousDad

Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:10 am

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once or twice a year I guess
Homer Simpson
bazookazilla

Return to All Grain Brewing