Re: Successful Homebrewing

Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:54 am

My wife is the opposite and drinks just about everything that I brew. That does mean I get to brew more often which is good thing.
Underground Joe

Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:12 pm

I make a raspberry tart and a blonde that my wife likes. I try to keep a keg of either ready for her. I also have a Pliny carbing up right now. Being from Texas I haven't been able to try the real thing, so hopefully mine is close.
humpadilo

Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:42 pm

NervousDad wrote:Congrats! I'm lucky, my wife likes my IPA/Pale Ales and I almost have her drinking my porters and brown ales.Neither of us really enjoy stouts. :aaron

I'm pretty lucky too, my fiancee loves IPAs and Stouts and other beers, the first time I met her I gave her a bottle of my homebrew, I had only been brewing for about 6 months but luckily it was a good one.

Good thing I didn't meat her a few months earlier, some of my earliest brews were lacking in goodness let's say.
Fermenting: Black IPA, Barley Wine, Cider and Imperial Stout

Current man crush: Warren

Previous man crushes: Nathan, Tasty, JP and Justin

Future man crush: Maybe Jamil or Doc

:bnarmy: SGT ScottyB-Brewing :bnarmy:
ScottyB-Brewing

Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:42 am

ScottyB-Brewing wrote:
NervousDad wrote:Congrats! I'm lucky, my wife likes my IPA/Pale Ales and I almost have her drinking my porters and brown ales.Neither of us really enjoy stouts. :aaron

I'm pretty lucky too, my fiancee loves IPAs and Stouts and other beers, the first time I met her I gave her a bottle of my homebrew, I had only been brewing for about 6 months but luckily it was a good one.

Good thing I didn't meat her a few months earlier, some of my earliest brews were lacking in goodness let's say.

Maybe it's the perv in me but I got a good chuckle when I read about your "meat"ing her...
Vote for me, Daniel Fick, for 2014 AHA Governing Committee. Voting runs until 3/31/2014. There are 8 spots open this year so you get up to 8 votes. Please vote here: http://bit.ly/1aV9GVd
mors

Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:01 pm

Congrats! I too am becoming more and more pleasantly surprised by what beers my wife likes. She usually sticks to pilsners and the like. When I've had commercial sours and whiskey barrel-aged beers, I tell her she probably won't like them, and what would you know she loves them. Match made in heaven I guess. That or reverse psychology is the key. :P
Primary: Golden Sour, Cider
Secondary: Golden Sour w/cherries, Raspberry Melomel
Cellar-Aging: Blackberry Melomel, Hawaiian Wildflower Mead
Kegged and on-tap: Berliner Weisse, Lorena Hop-it
Up Next: Something for the new barrel
SantaCruzBrew

Previous

Return to All Grain Brewing