Easter food

Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:17 am

Whether or not you celebrate the holiday in the religious way or not, everyone likes food and this is one of those family gathering/food holidays.

So...what is everyone cooking?

I'll start...grilled shrimp and hot sausage in a sweet chili sauce w/ Basmati rice cooked in Duvel.
Probably start off with some butter & rosemary poached duck (18 hrs in the butter).
The BN Army.......you can't have a revolution without soldiers!!!

Always try to be the person that your dog thinks you are!

CaribouBill -- BNArmy Ranger, Great White North Division
CaribouBill

Re: Easter food

Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:48 am

Sounds tasty! I find it amusing how most Easter fare just sticks it to Kosher eating... Let's see.. we'll take some pork, add some shellfish... :aaron
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:56 am

Keeping it simple this year. Baking a ham with a barleywine reduction glaze, and sweet potatoes. For dessert I will do my strawberry mango cobbles.

Wayne
Bugeater Brewing Company
http://www.lincolnlagers.com
Bugeater

Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:57 am

Smoking a ham....Au Gratin Potatoes, Corn Casserole, Peach Cobbler for desert.....with some awesome beer that I have yet to figure out.

Sergeant, Gulf Coast, Air Force Div.

Keeper of the :asshat: 2011-2012

"Push keeps shoving something in my mouth" Kim Woods

BJCP Judge
Whitebeard_Brewer

Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:00 am

Leg of lamb. Boned out and butterflied, marinated over night with olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano and rosemary. Rolled, tied and charcoal roasted on the rotisserie 'til medium rare. Pea salad, barley casserole and homemade Parkerhouse rolls.
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
Elbone

Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:37 am

Smoked a ham yesterday. Put it in the oven this morning, glazing it with Imperial Stout reduction, with honey, dark brown sugr, blueberries, raspberry, blackberries, in the glaze. And oranges stuck to the ham. I have some reserved for sauceing the plate, adding a bit of butter and fresh squeezed oj. Yum!
Before
After
snowcapt

Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:40 pm

Yukon gold potatoes, shallots and red pearl onions, ham with hard cider braising liquid, glazed with regular cider and mustard reduction. Sauteed cremini mushrooms in ham juice reduction for me (Mrs. Spiderwrangler doesn't like them). No beer in the ham, as those who listened to the last session may know, she is gluten intolerant. Not sure what beer I'll be having with dinner... perhaps my American Mild (based on JBA) or a Liefman's Goudenbrand
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:36 am

Did a Low Country Boil. Red potatoes, keilbasa, onoins, corn on cob, whole garlic cloves, shrimp, Old Bay and 2 English Brown Ales. My wife loved that we used my beer cooker outside. 10 different beers and we tried them all. All day affair with family, mid 80's on the deck. I crashed about the time the Sunday Session started back here! :shock:
A woman drove me to drink, and I never had the courtesy to thank her-W.C. Fields
scotchpine

Return to Great Food VigArously