Deep Fried Beer

Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:43 pm

http://brookstonbeerbulletin.com/deep-fried-beer/

There's some videos and more links on Jay Brook's site.

We took that challenge and did everything we could to prove naysayers wrong! As a result of three years of research and development, we are now excited to present Fried Beerâ„¢ to the world! In such a revolutionary way, we are able to put beer inside dough that is shaped like a ravioli and deep fry it. The process is so unique, we have a patent pending on the manufacturing process!

By using our patent pending process, we are able to place beer inside a salty pretzel like dough, and deep fry it. When you take a bite, beer pours out of the inside pocket of dough. We even had to get the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission to rule on our new product. The verdict… You have to be over the age of 21 to purchase Fried Beer™.
-----
So who's going to try to make some? :D
BN Army Sergeant
Chaz

Re: Deep Fried Beer

Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:57 pm

Not sure that the thought of beer heated that high is all that appealing... I don't see this taking off all that much, seems like there would be issues with large scale production and handling... if the ravioli shell is damaged or bursts, the beer will vaporize and cause a mess in the fryer. Seems like the way to go about it is seal up three sides of the ravioli and add beer, then seal the fourth side.... but with his patent pending thing, he may have a more high tech way of doing it.
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:53 am

I can understand the how somewhat, if you freeze the beer using liquid nitrogen, you could form beer pellets that can be handled like any other filling. Pretzel dough seems a little too bready for me. I'd rather use tempura beer batter. Mmmmmm, beer battered beer...

Alan
alan_marks

Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:45 am

ive heard of some crazy stuff in the fryer... pickles and twinkies.. but beer?? how does it taste?? i would think boiling liquid would not be pleasant to the palate.
MoRdAnTlY [Mr. Wolf '91 - '12]

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, olny the frist and lsat ltteers need be at the rghit pclae. Tihs is becsuae the hamun mnid deos not raed evrey lteter by iteslf, but the wrod as a whloe.
mordantly

Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:42 am

As I go to the TX state fair this year, I will have to give the fried beer a try....hopefully it is not like the fried butter from last year....kind of disturbing to bite into a round ball of dough and have hot butter shoot everywhere.
Club Website: http://www.hopocalypse.org

On Tap Right Now: EIPA, Schwartzbier, Wit V2, Irish Brown?
Fermenting: Bohemian Pilsner, Cider, Luna Rosso Pyment, Prickly Pear Mead, Straight Lambic, IIPA
The Padre

Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 am

If you want to have pretzels and beer, just fucking have pretzels and beer for fuck's sake. :roll:
"Make beer not war"

Currently fermenting: Firestone Walker Pale 31 clone
Conditioning: Nothing
On draught: Nothing

Watch episodes of BYOB TV: http://www.kofytv.com/byob-tv/archive/
BeerPal

Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:44 pm

Where's the fun in that BeerPal?

If you want to have chocolate in beer, just have some chocolate and beer!

If you want to have a raspberry mead, just have mead with some raspberries!

See... not as fun now! :mrgreen:

Having said that... hot beer doesn't seem appealing at all. But I'd try it just for the sake of trying it...
http://www.thirstymallard.wordpress.com

"If beer and women aren't the answer, then you're asking the wrong questions." -Anonymous

BN Army Corporal; Southern Support - Gulf Coast Division

Texas is better than your state. Fact.
Thirsty Mallard

Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:04 pm

The Padre wrote:As I go to the TX state fair this year, I will have to give the fried beer a try....hopefully it is not like the fried butter from last year....kind of disturbing to bite into a round ball of dough and have hot butter shoot everywhere.

Didn't the deep fried beer win one the deep fried awards this year (most innovative or something)? I heard that you'd need an ID to buy it. I thought even making reduction sauces with wine removed the alcohol. So wouldn't the deep frying remove any alcohol content? (Yeah that deep fried butter was pretty revolting. After that I gave up on deep fried anything...I hope that was the largest use of "deep fried" in any one post to date.)
jm

Next

Return to Great Food VigArously