Home Brewed Chef show

Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:29 am

I'm listening to the first show from last night and I'm ready to chew my own friggin' arm off I'm so hungry. Sean, you are an evil genius! Only evil because I'm sitting at my desk at work right now withhout a beer or your food.
brewpunk

Re: Home Brewed Chef show

Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:37 pm

Don't feel alone. I felt the same way at work all day. Ended up thinking up a recipe based on the discussion that I am going to have to cook up this weekend.

This will start with a couple boneless skinless chicken breasts marinated in an herbed barleywine brine. I'll pat dry the breasts, dredge them in flour, egg, and seasoned panko. Saute in a little olive oil until browned and set aside in a low oven to finish cooking. Saute some shallots shiitake mushrooms, and a bit of garlic. Deglaze the pan with a couple of cups of barleywine and cook until liquid reduced by about half. Add a little heavy cream and adjust the seasoning (kosher salt, fresh coarsely ground black pepper, and fresh thyme). Ladle a the sauce over each breast and serve with a side of lightly steamed veggies and accompanied by some fresh warm french bread.

If I feel up for some dessert, I may do some strawberry mango cobbler. That recipe calls for some of my orange/lime mead in the mix.

Damn! Now I'm hungry again just from typing this. Guess I need to go do some shopping this weekend.

Wayne
Bugeater Brewing Company
http://www.lincolnlagers.com
Bugeater

Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:42 pm

How'd you guys download the show? When I rss feed link at tbn.com, I just get returned to the home page.
Junket -- BN Guerilla

Scotties
CAP
Hummers
Cascadian Beet Ale
Gratzer
Fermenting
Canadian Trippel
Chipotle Amber
Tasty APA
Junket

Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:46 pm

I didn't download it. Just listened live last night.

Wayne
Bugeater Brewing Company
http://www.lincolnlagers.com
Bugeater

Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:51 pm

Answer to my own question: subscriptions aren't working yet, but can download the individual episode here:
http://thebrewingnetwork.com/shows/648
click on the download mp3 link
Junket -- BN Guerilla

Scotties
CAP
Hummers
Cascadian Beet Ale
Gratzer
Fermenting
Canadian Trippel
Chipotle Amber
Tasty APA
Junket

Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:41 pm

Bugeater wrote:Don't feel alone. I felt the same way at work all day. Ended up thinking up a recipe based on the discussion that I am going to have to cook up this weekend.

This will start with a couple boneless skinless chicken breasts marinated in an herbed barleywine brine. I'll pat dry the breasts, dredge them in flour, egg, and seasoned panko. Saute in a little olive oil until browned and set aside in a low oven to finish cooking. Saute some shallots shiitake mushrooms, and a bit of garlic. Deglaze the pan with a couple of cups of barleywine and cook until liquid reduced by about half. Add a little heavy cream and adjust the seasoning (kosher salt, fresh coarsely ground black pepper, and fresh thyme). Ladle a the sauce over each breast and serve with a side of lightly steamed veggies and accompanied by some fresh warm french bread.

If I feel up for some dessert, I may do some strawberry mango cobbler. That recipe calls for some of my orange/lime mead in the mix.

Damn! Now I'm hungry again just from typing this. Guess I need to go do some shopping this weekend.

Wayne

I just got home from the Upstream and I was full...

and now I'm hungry all over again!
Travisty

Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:36 am

Bugeater wrote:<snip/> breasts
<snip/> barleywine
<snip/> I'll pat dry the breasts, dredge them
<snip/> till browned
<snip/> barleywine
<snip/> Add a little heavy cream
<snip/> Ladle the sauce over each breast
<snip/> fresh warm french
<snip/> orange/lime mead
<snip/>

I got stuck on a few phrases, there Bug. Sounds like fun!
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM3 Judge & Mead
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg

Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:59 am

Sounds like we're going to have to give Bug a show, too. Maybe he can be Paxton's Tasty/Rock Candy. :mrgreen:
"Mash, I made you my bitch!" -Tasty
Dirk McLargeHuge
Global Moderator

Next

Return to Great Food VigArously