Chocolate Stout Pudding - a Paxton recipe success

Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:20 am

Last night I made chocolate stout pudding using the recipe from Paxton's website.

I followed the recipe exactly, using Young's Double Chocolate Stout for the beer addition. For the chocolate, I used 3.5 oz bar of Lindt 70% and the additional half oz was Lindt 85%

MAN is this stuff awesome! It is extremely rich, almost a little too much! But it's not overly sweet. My wife thinks it's a little too bitter, so maybe backing down to a 60% semisweet for part of the chocolate would be appropriate.

Definitely a winner!
Howie

Re: Chocolate Stout Pudding - a Paxton recipe success

Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:22 pm

The pudding is awesome. I made it for Thanksgiving. I think I used Rogues' Chocolate Stout and had to use some Ghirardelli Chocolate that matched Paxton's specs. It turned out great. I initially thought that there wouldn't be enough for everyone, but the pudding was so rich that most people shared.

FYI, the duck and porcini mushroom stuffing is the best stuffing I've ever tasted. Definitely, my go to stuffing from now on.
Stabwell Brewing

BN Army Corporal

On Tap:
American Brown Ale
Milk Stout
Janet's Brown Ale
Murphy's Over the wall Amber
American Wheat

Primary:
Citra Hop IPA
Otter

Return to Great Food VigArously