Hop ice cream

Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:09 pm

Anyone considered or made hopped ice cream? I've seen a few recipies around for stout ice cream and the sort, but I'm looking for something with a simple base and just highlights the hop flavor and aroma. Any thoughts?
"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee alot."

"They say Chuck Norris has no chin under his beard. Only another fist."
yottachem

Re: Hop ice cream

Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:14 pm

Sounds tasty. Probably might be a little "vegetal" like green tea ice cream - but I imagine the bittersweet combo would be awesome.

Mylo
"Life is too short to bottle homebrew." - Me

"HEINEKEN? Fuck that shit! Pabst Blue Ribbon!!!" - Dennis Hopper, in Blue Velvet
Mylo
Global Moderator

Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:46 pm

Ten bucks says Paxton has made some!
BadRock
Global Moderator

Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:37 am

i think paxton talked about that on one show. i believe he said steep the hops in the milk. in a hop bag so you just get the flaver and aroma
drink fight fuck....
one_dead_soul

Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:54 am

Was that from the 10/04/09 show? Steeping in milk sounds like a reasonable start. The only other thing I could think to try would be a tincture but I'm not sure how that would affect the crystallinity of the final product. I'll have to go back through the Paxton shows to find where he talks about that - I totally missed it.
"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee alot."

"They say Chuck Norris has no chin under his beard. Only another fist."
yottachem

Return to Great Food VigArously