Re: Wanna see my sausage?

Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:19 am

Yeah, maybe a better comparison is pork haggis without being stuffed in a stomach to cook. What can I say, old Dutchmen farmers wasted NOTHING :!:

Mylo wrote:That sounds offal aweful.

Mylo
Nate Diggler

Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:06 am

I'd give it a whirl! Sounds like it's probably pretty tasty of coarse haggis sounds good to me too. One of these days I will try them both, with any luck.
BadRock
Global Moderator

Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:19 pm

Mmmmmmm fresh venison sausage...
Crupp

On tap: 09 Cider, American Mild, Dark Mild II, American Wheat, Hefe, Traditional Mead, Belgian Blond
crupp

Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:38 am

Very Nice Sausage! (done like Borat) Your a lucky man!
Give a man a brew, he's drunk for a day. Teach a man how to brew, and he'll be drunk for life!
Corporal Seaman, Midwest Lake Support, BN Army
brewjester

Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:08 am

I made about 15 pounds of it. I smoked half of it and kept the other stuff fresh. It's great stuff...like I needed another hobby...
Crupp

On tap: 09 Cider, American Mild, Dark Mild II, American Wheat, Hefe, Traditional Mead, Belgian Blond
crupp

Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:09 am

BadRock wrote:I'd give it a whirl! Sounds like it's probably pretty tasty of coarse haggis sounds good to me too. One of these days I will try them both, with any luck.

Haggis is Awesome

crupp wrote:Mmmmmmm fresh venison sausage...

That looks delicious. What cuts did you put into it? I plan on making some next year when I get a deer. Also, how is the fat level usually? :jnj
Primary: NB Pre-Prohibition Lager
Conditioning: Apple Butter Cyser (14 mo), Stale Sour Cream Wheat (2 mo)
Bottled: Oatmeal Stout (1yr), Honey Bitter, NB Nukey Brown, NB Peace Coffee Stout Porter

Next Up: Weazeltoe's Cider, Old Engine Oil Clone
mooboy76

Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:40 am

Looks awesome crupp. I said the same thing to myself, do I need another hobby?. Well I guess I did. And think of all the great jokes that go with sausage making. I still laugh every time I see F Dick sausage stuffers.
dresselbrew

Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:03 am

mooboy76 wrote:That looks delicious. What cuts did you put into it? I plan on making some next year when I get a deer. Also, how is the fat level usually?

I used a roast from my 07 buck. I used 50% venison and 50% pork butt. Last year I used 70%Venison and 30% pork fat, but I wasn't very happy with it. They were good, but I like venison because it's as lean as it is... It kind of defeats the purpose if you add pure fat, you know? Man...I can't remember right off of the top of my head what the exact recipe was, but it if you pm me, I'll dig the book out when I get home.

Dresselbrew wrote: Looks awesome crupp. I said the same thing to myself, do I need another hobby?. Well I guess I did. And think of all the great jokes that go with sausage making. I still laugh every time I see F Dick sausage stuffers.

I know...I love it though. I like to do things myself. There's nothing more satisfying than having a pint of your homemade German Pilsner with a fresh, homemade bratwurst!
Crupp

crupp

PreviousNext

Return to Great Food VigArously