Tonight-LME Ham

Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:29 am

After my dismal attempt at making DME glazed (more like Magic Shell) beer can chicken, tonight I am going to attempt a baked ham glazed with some pale LME left over from brewing last night. I haven't figured out the specifics, but the LME will ba the base. I'll post updates, unless nobody's interested. Nah, I'll post them anyway.

Update: Pale LME, malt vinegar, and hot dijon mustard. I'm going to mess around with spices.
Take pride in your achievements...because your failings will be punished without mercy.
Primary: American IPA (FWH!)
Bottled: 10W40 American Stout
Bottled: Utility American Mild
Lagering: Maibock
Bike Geek T-Shirts: www.cafepress.com/bzndesigns
Mr DNA

Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:26 pm

Yum!! :D
After I mixed in the vinegar and mustard, the glaze was a bit thin, requiring me to keep basting the ham. After cooking, it made a nice sauce. Next time I will use a higher proportion of extract, and maybe use a darker one for more malt flava.

Turned out better than that damn chicken.
Take pride in your achievements...because your failings will be punished without mercy.
Primary: American IPA (FWH!)
Bottled: 10W40 American Stout
Bottled: Utility American Mild
Lagering: Maibock
Bike Geek T-Shirts: www.cafepress.com/bzndesigns
Mr DNA

Return to Great Food VigArously