Hello from The UK.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:28 am

Hey Guys,

My names matt, I've been brewing for about 10 years, although I would say I have only brewed good beer for the last 4. The main reason for the improvement is the temperature control system I built in my garage.
Since discovering the Brewing Network 6 months ago I have been listening to the archives pretty much constantly. I have learned a huge amount! So thanks. (yes Lunch Meet is awsome)
I am a soldier in the BN Army. There's so much content to listen to it's well worth the monthly subscription.
I like brewing all sorts of beers and have recently started playing around with sours and saisons. At the moment I have approximately 150 Litres of beer in my garage, there just isn't enough hours in the day to drink it all!
Beerbrain

Re: Hello from The UK.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:28 pm

Hey there! Welcome to the forum Beerbrain!

What's the homebrew scene like over in the UK right now? Is it fairly easy to find quality ingredients? Have you ever been able to get any fresh yeast from any local breweries nearby to experiment with?

-Brewinhard :bnarmy:
"A bad man is a good man's job, while a good man is a bad man's teacher."
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Re: Hello from The UK.

Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:20 am

Hey there,

The home brew scene is great here, I have two local shops within 20 minutes drive, one is better for supplies and the other is a little more limited, but is run by an old guy with more experience than I can shake a stick at. I can get various strains of fresh malt by the sack load and hops are sold in vacuum packed foil. Any extras are generally accessible from these shops or there are several online shops, brewuk.co.uk, the-home-brew-shop.co.uk are just a couple.

I have used fresh yeast from a brew pub called 'The Fat Cat' in the city of Norwich. I really recommend this pub if anyone finds themselves in this area. At the time however my beer was not that great because of my process so I may try again with their strain at some point.

Beerbrain.
Beerbrain

Return to New Users