Wed May 21, 2008 4:39 pm

:shock:

Nice cans! :shock:

No seriously...the two cans are pretty nice...very shiny.
"I encompass, and I eclipse..."
J.Brew

Thu May 22, 2008 2:27 am

J.Brew wrote::shock:

Tasty, Tasty, Tasty crack cans...

I saw a big glass in a promotiomal package with a bottle of Duval, or was it Chimay I just can't remember. I am going to the shop where I saw it tomorrow (caus its Rat Pad Friday for me) and I will see if it is still there. It wasn't 3 litres (not too sure what 66oz is but it sounds old) but it was larger than the standard pussy Belgian glass, I might just pick one up.

love

g
"in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king"....a person not quite as plastered as the rest (not a quote by RSM grod of the BN Army)
grod

Thu May 22, 2008 2:28 am

I said "package".

love

g
"in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king"....a person not quite as plastered as the rest (not a quote by RSM grod of the BN Army)
grod

Giant Duvel glass

Thu May 22, 2008 2:47 pm

Dr Scott wrote:I saw one at the Celebrator news party. The Duval rep couldn't even tell me where to get one... :(

Check out this Chimay glass, 66oz!!!

http://www.sudsgear.com/index.asp?PageA ... ProdID=915

Here's Nicole's picture from that day:

That glass is still at the Trappist.. Chuck or Aaron probably found that in Belgium on one of their trips there. Stop by sometime and see if you can talk 'em out of it!

Here's the picture in its original context on the brookston blog:

http://www.brookstonbeerbulletin.com/celebrator-20th-party
Cheers! Kippis! Skål! Prost!
-Nathan Smith <nate@destroy.net>
Twitter: @nathanhomebrew
nahthan

Thu May 22, 2008 3:50 pm

J.Brew wrote::shock:

No seriously...the two cans are pretty nice...very shiny.

Does Brewers Code cover models in ads? Just asking. I vote no.
"Mash, I made you my bitch!" -Tasty
Dirk McLargeHuge
Global Moderator

Thu May 22, 2008 6:01 pm

Only if she is not just the model, but also your sister, wife, GF, or momma....otherwise.....NO!

Sergeant, Gulf Coast, Air Force Div.

Keeper of the :asshat: 2011-2012

"Push keeps shoving something in my mouth" Kim Woods

BJCP Judge
Whitebeard_Brewer

Re:

Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:07 am

Dr Scott wrote:I saw one at the Celebrator news party. The Duval rep couldn't even tell me where to get one... :(

Check out this Chimay glass, 66oz!!!

http://www.sudsgear.com/index.asp?PageA ... ProdID=915

Dr. Scott,

As you probably already suspected, the Duvel rep you were talking to is full of shit. They know where to get those glasses. Duvel Moortgat is a notoriously cheap company, so they hold back on the Point of Sale unless you are a 'devoted' customer. Those big glasses go to accounts that promise to make Duvel/Maredsous/Ommegang a cornerstone of their bottle/draft list. They are also starting to be stingy with the 'Chouffe' gnome statues that B. United was proud to have on display in any Belgian themed bar or good beer bar when they controlled the brand. Now obviously I'm not implying that they should just give these things away to anyone, but why do I have to be forced to carry three draft lines, or eliminate their competing brands from my menu (all tactics I have been subjected to) to 'earn' the right to promote their beer in my establishment. On the other hand if you are a very high profile account (i.e. Torrinado, Blind Tiger, the Gingerman group) you can just carry Duvel in bottles and these ass-hats will kiss your nut-sack to put their POS up in their account. Ultimatley, these super-sized Duvel glasses are get-able, you just have to use a beer-bar owning friend's influence over his Duvel rep to milk one out of these cheap Belgian bastards!

and before anyone asks me where I get off calling these guys cheap, ask your local Duvel/ommegang rep what he/she got for a christmas bonus last year, or the year before... it's insulting after all the work these guys put in, how poorly they are rewarded by their bosses.
mr_beer

Re: Giant Duvel Glass

Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:05 am

Wow, makes me reconsider the brew that got me started down the entire path of "non-American" beers and got me into homebrewing.

I can live with the decision to never shop at Walmart, but I'll have to think longer about not drinking Duvel...
Henway

PreviousNext

Return to Beer Radio