Winamp troubles

Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:22 am

My winamp player just seems to sit there displaying [listen1] not doing anything. Any advice?
Hateku

winmap

Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:35 am

I had to download winmpap to my PC. When I tried to listen, I got an error message that a computer was down or too busy. What's the deal?
How's a beer sound, Norm? "I dunno. I usually finish them before they get a word in." (Norm Peterson of Cheers)
hoosierhomebrew

Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:39 am

Well, I got it to play the low version, but not the high. Oh well.
Hateku

Re: winmap

Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:54 am

hoosierhomebrew wrote:I had to download winmpap to my PC. When I tried to listen, I got an error message that a computer was down or too busy. What's the deal?
I couldn't get the link form the website to work. I copied and pasted the url directly to winamp and it worked just fine.
Do you smell sumpin'?
BeerBiker

Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:35 am

Heres a Fix. My winamp acts goofy too with live streams .pls files. This is what you do.
1) Right Click on the "Listen High Speed" or "Low speed" link.
2) Choose "Save target as"
3) Save target "listen.pls" file to your desktop
4) Physically go to your desktop and double click the listen.pls file
It should play fine.

*note* I have my cpu set to show the file extentions. Your file might just say Listen and not Listen.pls, however, it will still work.
KrOtChRoTT

trouble

Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:04 am

I pretty much know the very basics when it come to computers and the internet. It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks. :lol: I tried all of the suggestions from this post to correct my problem and I still can't get the audio. I'm really looking forward to spending time here in this forum, learning, giving my two cents worth of experience... all the while I listening to some good tunes. Any other ideas?
How's a beer sound, Norm? "I dunno. I usually finish them before they get a word in." (Norm Peterson of Cheers)
hoosierhomebrew

Re: trouble

Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:18 am

hoosierhomebrew wrote:I pretty much know the very basics when it come to computers and the internet. It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks. :lol: I tried all of the suggestions from this post to correct my problem and I still can't get the audio. I'm really looking forward to spending time here in this forum, learning, giving my two cents worth of experience... all the while I listening to some good tunes. Any other ideas?
If you click on the link and it gives you an error, the url is still in your web browser's address window. Highlight it, right click your mouse and select "copy" Now, forget about the website, go directly to your winamp icon on the desktop and open it. Select "file", then "play url" and it will give you a window. Put your cursor in the box and right click again and select "paste". The url should appear in the windows and then click on "open" You should be good to go.
Do you smell sumpin'?
BeerBiker

winamp troubles

Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:25 am

Ok Hoosier...and others. The best fix I can think of, as I'm not sure why it's not working for you is to copy and pste the following link into your browser,or drag it directly into Winamp.

http://67.128.118.177:8000/listen.pls for high speed

http://67.128.118.177:8004/listen.pls for low speed

if you put that in your browser (like it's a web address) and click go, winamp should get it.

Other than that Beerbiker's ideas should work too. NOw sure what's goin on if not. Let us know.

Brewcaster justin

Next

Return to Beer Radio