Re: To all the haters...

Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:10 am

You guys are a riot! :drink :jnj
twitter.com/GentleCuntPunch

If you take what I post here literally, you're retarded. I'm here to fuck around, have a good time, and learn about beer. You mean nothing to me and I mean nothing to you.
Adam

Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:22 am

Adam wrote:You guys are a riot! :drink :jnj

+1

Sergeant, Gulf Coast, Air Force Div.

Keeper of the :asshat: 2011-2012

"Push keeps shoving something in my mouth" Kim Woods

BJCP Judge
Whitebeard_Brewer

Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:34 am

grod wrote:
Adam wrote:Feelings? No. "Grieve job"? WTF is that? Americans beat the fuck out of the Brits on two large scale occasions. Not scared of any of them.

Theobrew, great contribution with your "+1". Thank you.

+1

love

g

+0.5 douche

love

snow
snowcapt

Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:35 am

I think the OP started this topic in support of Justin's rant on 3/10/2013, I too am adding my $0.02

OK here's how it works dudes:

The BN is a product that belongs to Justin. All the creative and business decisions are his to make. The BN product is not crowd-sourced. It is what it is and there is nothing else like it.

The culture that surrounds the product (i.e. the BN Army) is ours. The BN culture is not the same as homebrewing culture nor the culture of your local homebrew club.

Sometimes it's hard (he-he) for some people to keep the product and culture separate.

Donations to the business are to support the product. They don't represent a vote or some sort of public voice to change the product. The only time I care to hear that you are pulling your support is when I hear that someone else is picking up where you left off.

The product is free, you are free to support it, not support it, listen or don't listen. I think it's awesome that you like the product because I like the product, in that way we are like minded (in community) I don't care, if you no longer like the product or wish it would change to better meet your liking, you are free to leave. I will not, nor will the community beg you saying, "Please, we were sooo wrong, come back and we'll behave, we will change to make you happy". To do so is called Co-dependency which is rather unhealthy.

I'll stop there.
Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one, some are kinda shitty
cornhole

Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:08 am

Ha Ha Ha Fucking feelings! :drink
Private First Class: BN Army

"Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy."
-Ben Franklin
BrewerBC

Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:52 am

Good points but I wouldn't say the BN's demographic is homebrewers turned pro. I'd say it's still homebrewers and new homebrewers are joining the forum every day (more than the number who are turning pro). However, as homebrewers and inherently craft beer lovers, there is definite value in pro brewer interviews, as you mention in point number 2.

I'd still love to see homebrew topics mixed in once in a while, and another BBQ show ( i.e. bring back Homer!!! ).

Oh and +1

Great point. I didn't mean it was the only demographic now. I was just pointing out that it's a bigger focus now than it used to be because it's what a lot of listeners are doing.
luvs_simcoe

Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:27 am

Ozwald wrote:Hey Spider, pass that popcorn this way.

Sorry, late to the party. Here you go.

Grieve Job, btw originates from when J and Schu had Dead Dad Syndrome. A GJ is what Schu would get from the ladies by using the fact that his dad died to get some action. A GJ is like a handjob, just lubricated with your own tears.
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:28 am

Oh, also +1.00001
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division