Re: New tab on the homepage for Brewing With Style?

Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:44 pm

bille wrote:Does that mean 'Can you brew it?' will be going away or dwindling down due to lack of availability of Jamil?

My understanding was they they were having difficulty getting brewers to open the kimono for Jamil...
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:27 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:
bille wrote:Does that mean 'Can you brew it?' will be going away or dwindling down due to lack of availability of Jamil?

My understanding was they they were having difficulty getting brewers to open the kimono for Jamil...

with a purdy mouth like that I can't imagine why... :unicornrainbow:
On Deck: porter, berliner weisse
Fermenting: xtra pale
In the keg/bottle: golden delicious apple cider, brown rice lager, german pils
EL TIZZO

Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:47 am

got to admit, I was always amazed at how much info some breweries offered up. Not surprised if that's dried up a bit. I'm a bit iffy on the new format. Not sure how much can be brought to light that wasn't already in the original Jamil Show episodes. I see that picking a few commercial examples of a style can open the discussion to the range within styles, I don't see how their rating the beers versus one another really offers much.

We'll see... I'll keep listening to see where it goes. Was able to listen to the APA show live, but honestly I lost interest when they started the RIS show. 1, on the east coast I can't get many of the beers, and 2, it just seemed like many other beer podcasts out there in which guys sit around giving their personal opinions tasting beers.

Love having the old Jamil Show podcasts available... along with Jamil's BCS. Currently drinking my attempt at the best bitter he gave a recipe for on the old show ages ago.
• considering: first lager
• primary:
• secondary:
• drinking: JBA batch #2
• bottle conditioning: Best Bitter
• recent past: (AG) Rye IPA rebrew; rye saison; BCS Cal Common, Rye IPA, Tasty APA, JZ's Cowboy Altbier
jimlin

Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:40 pm

I'm listening to the podcast right now. This show seems like it's going to be REALLY slow to get started, but once it gets going with the listener entries, it could get interesting. The idea is for listeners to eventually send in their best beers of a given style and they get compared to popular commercial examples of the same style. The goal is to make an interactive show, listeners will get new recipes to try, and maybe they'll even interview the homebrewer. It seems that we have to email Scott@thebrewingnetwork.com with "brewing with style submission" in the Subject to get more information.
Come On Fulham!!

"...know your process, know your yeast." - Ozwald
BeaverBarber

Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:16 am

The listener submissions will be interesting. Weird thing is that only one or two of the listeners will have any idea what the homebrew used for a show actually tastes like, but hey, I'll listen.

This brings up shipping beer as a topic. I've got a couple people across the country I'd love to share some of my homebrew with, but I've wondered about the legalities of shipping it, and what the chances are of it actually getting there in decent shape.
• considering: first lager
• primary:
• secondary:
• drinking: JBA batch #2
• bottle conditioning: Best Bitter
• recent past: (AG) Rye IPA rebrew; rye saison; BCS Cal Common, Rye IPA, Tasty APA, JZ's Cowboy Altbier
jimlin

Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:17 pm

jimlin wrote:The listener submissions will be interesting. Weird thing is that only one or two of the listeners will have any idea what the homebrew used for a show actually tastes like, but hey, I'll listen.

This brings up shipping beer as a topic. I've got a couple people across the country I'd love to share some of my homebrew with, but I've wondered about the legalities of shipping it, and what the chances are of it actually getting there in decent shape.

Here's one thread of probably many. http://www.thebrewingnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=23623&hilit=+shipping

No worries with shipping. Just pack it up so nothing moves or touches and it will get there fine.
EllisTX

Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:23 pm

EllisTX wrote:
jimlin wrote:The listener submissions will be interesting. Weird thing is that only one or two of the listeners will have any idea what the homebrew used for a show actually tastes like, but hey, I'll listen.

Here's one thread of probably many. http://www.thebrewingnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=23623&hilit=+shipping

No worries with shipping. Just pack it up so nothing moves or touches and it will get there fine.

+1. Lot's of bubble wrap and newspaper.
"Mash, I made you my bitch!" -Tasty
Dirk McLargeHuge
Global Moderator

Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:53 pm

From what I gather it's being replaced by BWS because they ran out of breweries that would talk to them.
peas_and_corn

Previous

Return to Beer Radio