Re: RIP Bisket

Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:34 am

I didn't know what to say when I read this first... I have had to put my puppy that I had for 16+ years and because I have been in the pet trade, I know that some animals have to be put down to spare them pain. I was ok when my mom made me drive her (my pup Sara) to the vet to get looked over because she was having issues. They did some test, and she stayed overnight there and they said she would have to be put down. My mom, dad, girlfriend, and myself went to go see her one last time. I was ok until my dad took her collar off. I still miss her all the time but she taught my other dogs, two German shepards, some of her manerisms. It makes it a little better when I go to my parents house to see my boy because his mama acts a bit like Sara.

I have to say the most sincere I am sorry for your loss. When my cat and dog had to be put down it was worse than some family members that has passed. I truly know your pain.

Sorry
Justin and Kate The Great
"Owning a Type R is like a dream... You wake up and it's gone!" - some Honda guy
pythoner

Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:35 pm

J,

My condolences on your loss. It's tough but you have your memories.
I like dogs better than most people, so I know it's going to be a tough couple days.

JD
dunleav1

Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:50 pm

My sincerest condolences J. I used to always say dogs are just animals and there is no reason to get attached. Then I got my current dog Brody. Losing him would be worse than losing a parent or sibling in many ways. Dogs can be companions In a very complicated way.

All I can say is try to remember the good times. The love you felt when she would look at you.
dannypo

Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:12 pm

sorry J. she will be missed.
Just fine,

Ryan
PFC, BN Army, Philly Division
http://www.barleylegalhomebrewers.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHxRmgRK8tU

Kegged: Chamomile Wit, Session Saison, Leffe Brune Clone, Honey Wheat, Janet's Brown
Bottled: Beet FEStout
Fermenter: Hopricot
brewranger

Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:02 pm

Sorry for your loss Justin. Perhaps sometime in the future you can commemorate her life by brewing some sort of beer in honor of her.
Afterlab

Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:35 pm

I had the chance to meet Bisket on the "Bisket's last stand" road trip. She wanted some affection and to curl up near the fire. What a sweetheart. Sorry for your loss Justin. RIP Bisket.

The Fool.
Non-Motorized Mechanized Division, BN Army
bikefoolery

Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:57 am

RIP Bisket
Blowmax10

Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:11 am

So sorry for your loss Justin. I have a 12 year old German Shepherd mutt that had cancer a couple years ago and I totally expected to lose him. Fortunately I was able to "afford" the whole nine yards of treatment and we're basically working on "borrowed time". It's good to know you were able to be with her on her last day. RIP Bisket.
Ranger, West Point - Hessian Lake Division
Hessian Lake Brewing
Hessian Lake

PreviousNext

Return to Beer Radio