Re: Terrible customer service from the brewing network!

Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:40 pm

I have had great customer service from the BN. I ordered a t-shirt, beanie, and stickers awhile back and got it in less than 2 weeks. Can't say I am surprised to get this response from the "other" beer forum. From what I have seen, all they do is piss and moan over there. No wonder they charge a "fee" to be a "member"

BTW, welcome to the forum :lol:
Hoser
Hoser

Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:44 pm

I've always been amazed by them. Any email I've ever sent Justin has gotten a reply in a day or less. Orders are usually received within a week, even when I expect them to take two weeks. I'm sure it is because they are busy.

I think Justin had JP locked in the garage this last weekend shipping orders so hopefully you'll get your stuff soon.

codewritinfool wrote:The only thing rejected here is spammers, unauthorized advertisers, and people who stir up shit.

I miss Villem and Bleachcola :(
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:49 pm

I kinda hope his neighbors have received the package and won't bring it over to him bc he's a jerk.... Karma!

:jnj
Josh
Jbug

Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:15 pm

Hoser wrote:Can't say I am surprised to get this response from the "other" beer forum.

Me either, sadly. There are a lot of good people there but there is a subculture of people there with no real world brewing cred that run on like they are the best thing to every happen to a carboy. I almost feel bad for new brewers that go there because the substantial good advice gets drowned out. There may be less activity here or at the AHA forum, but the signal to noise ratio is a lot better.

Someone ought to show breezy the NHC results from the last few years. Amazing how little being the most "knowledgeable" matters when you shut off the internet and actually put your beer in a comp.
JohnF

Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:52 pm

JohnF wrote:
Hoser wrote:Can't say I am surprised to get this response from the "other" beer forum.

Me either, sadly. There are a lot of good people there but there is a subculture of people there with no real world brewing cred that run on like they are the best thing to every happen to a carboy. I almost feel bad for new brewers that go there because the substantial good advice gets drowned out. There may be less activity here or at the AHA forum, but the signal to noise ratio is a lot better.

Agreed, but when we give people shit it is either good natured or for a good reason. I agree there are many good people/brewers on the "other" forum, but the few "bad" outweigh the many "good" on the website. I can't think of any bad members on this website. There may be some I disagree with, but none that rub me the wrong way.
Hoser
Hoser

Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:58 pm

Wait wait wait.....I thought we were supposed to stir shit up? I guess I didn't get the email about that one....Thanx JP!!! Seriously though, th BN is awesome for it's chaos and free speech! The knowledge and entertainment gained here is priceless, its y we all listen. To the guy that started this Post....chill out, send another email, understand you want your shit and wanna support them. If you got that big of an issue call in live on sunday and duke it out live unless the forum is the only place you can use your man voice!

Peace!! BN4Life
Sharkguy05
PFC - East Coast Division
"Your never to drunk to fall off the floor"

Tap:
Kats Sour puss
Dunkelweisse
Big Fat Bock
Crystal satan
Fermenting:
Wise Bugg
sharkguy05

Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:11 pm

nmber0nestunna wrote:lol just read your thread at HBT. http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/terribl ... rk-238026/

I just read it too. Those of you who have been around since the first days of TBN will remember that I took my forum name from the most inbred, retarded group of backassward hillbilly dumbshits that ever came down the pike. A few posters in this guy's thread over on homebrewtalk.com remind me of them. Holy shit, talk about losers.
"Make beer not war"

Currently fermenting: Firestone Walker Pale 31 clone
Conditioning: Nothing
On draught: Nothing

Watch episodes of BYOB TV: http://www.kofytv.com/byob-tv/archive/
BeerPal

Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:41 pm

I not only got my brewstrong and lunchmeet shirts pretty speedily, I got a free heretic sticker. Then a week later, I got the same two shirts in a second shipment! Four shirts for the price of two!

I sent the second ones back. Because I'm nice.

I'm a fairly active lurker and moderate poster on TBN, HBT, AHA, and NB forums. It is quite interesting to see the different emergent personalities of each board. But then again, I study emergent community discourses for a living.
pfooti

PreviousNext

Return to Beer Radio