Re: DOWNLOAD LIMITS

Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:54 am

I'm all for having the current episode for free and when a new one is available, last week’s goes into the archive. My thoughts are if you want access to the archive then you have to be a monthly donor of any amount. Let’s face it, if you can't afford two dollars, then you probably shouldn't be drinking beer. I think even a possible new recruit would pay two dollars a month for over a 1000hrs of content. Maybe even throw in small discounts on merchandise, BN Anniversary Party, participating homebrew store discount codes, etc... for members. The only thing that would have to be thought out is how do you keep someone from joining 1 month, download all the content, and then cancel their membership. Is this a concern though? It's still better than what’s happening today. Just some thoughts. I'd hate to think of a day where on a Sunday night I couldn't kick back and enjoy the asshattery of the BN.
Sgt. in the BN Army
NTabb

Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:55 am

I am willing to pay and in fact have thought about upping my membership, so this is no big deal.

I am not sure what everyone is complaining about, we are talking $5 a month for the best homebrewing entertainment on the net.

I think the throttling is a good solution too, to reduce costs.

I never have understood why some people get their shit in a bunch when the BN starts talking about money. They aren't doing this thing for free people and they have been doing it a long time. I am certain it started becoming a job a long time ago and less of a hobby. Would you do your job for free, no.

They can sugar coat the number, they can tell me they need it for hookers, they can tell me they need it for trips around the world. If they bring it strong week in and week out, they deserve it.

Fuck it, I am upping my donation, now how do I do that??
Nate
http://www.nebraskabeerblog.com
Beers on tap-Schwarzbier, RyeIPA
BrewBum

Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:48 am

The Brewing Network is the best thing to happen to home brewing in years. It's literally changed the entire scene. I see a much younger demographic at competitions, and the BJCP is overwhelmed with interest and exams. I think much of this is due to the BN.

$60 a year is trivial for the entertainment and information they provide. I've been a $2 a month subcriber for a few years, but I am kicking it up to $5 right now. And if Justin and the gang can somehow get rich off all this, good for them!

Michael
Datamike

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:15 am

jfkriege wrote:Perhaps my point would be better phrased this way:

Please dont say that you need to cover costs and then charge far more. If you are going to charge more, then just say you are now charging for content. Otherwise it seems disingenuous.

On the other hand if grown adults can't read into it, there is no hope for them.
twitter.com/GentleCuntPunch

If you take what I post here literally, you're retarded. I'm here to fuck around, have a good time, and learn about beer. You mean nothing to me and I mean nothing to you.
Adam

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:17 am

BrewBum wrote:Fuck it, I am upping my donation, now how do I do that??

You have to cancel the current one, then start a new one at the higher level.
twitter.com/GentleCuntPunch

If you take what I post here literally, you're retarded. I'm here to fuck around, have a good time, and learn about beer. You mean nothing to me and I mean nothing to you.
Adam

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:33 am

How do you cancel it?
Nate
http://www.nebraskabeerblog.com
Beers on tap-Schwarzbier, RyeIPA
BrewBum

Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:10 am

The Brewing Network is like a crack dealer. They give you a sample for free, but once they got you hooked, they charge you.

Of course I'm kidding. I've been a Corporal for well over a year now and find it to be one of the wisest $5 investments per month based on what I get.

Now if I could just win a f%#$&*$%%$ medal or ribbon, I may up it to $10.
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:38 am

Ok thanks for the kick in the ass I just upped mine to 5 a month But I sure hope that :crazybitch: and :unicornrainbow: become sighting more often now
The only soldier in the BN ARMY with Ink on his legs promoting The Brewing network and BN ARMY. Prost

"The BNA is my therapist." Mickp
Henning1966

PreviousNext

Return to Beer Radio