Re: brake pads

Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:02 pm

bazookazilla wrote: My pop would take apart his motorcycle to "service & maintain" it and have to ask my maman'em to come out to the garage and help him figure out how to put it back together. I can see this being one of those same type instances.

I had to use the Urban dictionary to figure out WTF a mamanem is. And it worked! :unicornrainbow:

Of course, it came in handy when I looked up just about every phrase of the Dirty Sanchez song here on the BN.
I sure do miss those old songs.
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM3 Judge & Mead
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg

Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:59 pm

If you are unsure you should leave it to a mechanic, barkes only really have 1 function which is really important.

If you are like me and want to do as much as you can yourself, do a youtube search on the process.

love

g
"in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king"....a person not quite as plastered as the rest (not a quote by RSM grod of the BN Army)
grod

Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:18 pm

Also, when you reassemble everything, make sure the big nut holding the caliper to the arm are on tight. If you don't your wheel will rip that fucker off.

Hypothetically, that is.
Bobbie Dooley

Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:32 am

Bobbie Dooley wrote:Also, when you reassemble everything, make sure the big nut holding the caliper to the arm are on tight. If you don't your wheel will rip that fucker off.

Hypothetically, that is.

Wait.....what this happend to you????
Bad Goat Brewing

Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:55 am

If it did, it would have been because I tried to put some kind of anti-rust spray on the nut since it was such a phenomenal pain in the ass to remove in the first place. I would have also had to go to a salvage yard to get a replacement nut and fix it in the parking lot of my work, then drive 30 miles home on a 65mph highway with my asshole clenched tighter than a white boy in a prison shower.

If it happened. :asshat:
Bobbie Dooley

Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:49 am

codewritinfool wrote: a couple of thin pieces of wood and a c-clamp used to compress the cylinder.

That can't be stressed enough!!! Make sure you have that before you take everything apart. I speak from experience. It was a really long walk to the hard ware store on a 100+ degree day...
forcera

Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:15 pm

Does anyone know how I would go about finding out whether I have vacuum assist or hydraulic assist brakes? I'm having a tough time with this one.
"The word unblowupable is tossed around a lot these days..."
Homer Simpson
bazookazilla

Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:13 pm

bazookazilla wrote:Does anyone know how I would go about finding out whether I have vacuum assist or hydraulic assist brakes? I'm having a tough time with this one.

I'm not going to be too much help, because i thought they were both. why not buy both sets and return the unused ones?
Bad Goat Brewing

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Stuff