Re: Whoops

Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:16 am

snowcapt wrote:I got the job! I start on Monday Feb. 6!
Yippee! Yahoo!

Congrats Bro! :jnj
What job did you get!
Keep on Brewin'
Captain Carrot

"Beer makes everything more fun!" (me)
captain carrot

Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:44 pm

I got a job at a plastic injection molding factory called Donnelly Custom Manufacturing.
http://www.donnmfg.com/
I will be running one of the machines, making sure that the parts are up to spec, and also doing change-overs for doing different parts. The factory focuses on doing “short runs”, runs that typically take 1 or 2 shifts to complete. The way I see it, in doing the short runs, it keeps the work here-not overseas, in turn, giving me long-term employment! Yippee!
My supervisor is an acquaintance of mine from when I worked at one of the local bars. We always got along pretty good. He is, however, quite the dancing machine, but he calls it “cardio”. I call it something else. Perhaps I should bring him some glitter!
I am pretty damn excited to get out for 60 hours a week. Even though it will be spent at work! It is kind of strange looking forward to working 60 hour weeks. The money isn’t the greatest, but it is better than nothing. I am thankful for having a job. Period.
I think that my attendance and especially my attitude will be second to none! I bet I will be the happiest guy there! No hangovers, either.
I will be working 2nd shift, so I will be in jail during the day. Most of the people in my unit are gone during the day, so that will be nice. I will miss all the noise and crap that goes on during the evenings-the longest part of the day, as far as I am concerned.
My wife will be able to bring me home made meals and some of the other amenities that I cannot have in here. I will say this- The sex in here is AWFUL!
Most of my time, here, I am reading. I have covered many of the classics. Treasure Island, The Red Badge of Courage, Frankenstein, and All Quiet on the Western Front, To Kill a Mockingbird, the list goes on and on. I cannot bring myself to read anymore of the John Grisham courtroom drama books, as I have had enough of that already! One of the most popular books series is the “Prey” series by John Sanford. Awful, just awful. And of course Louis Lamour
And yes gel pens are tools of the evil empire.
Thanks again for the words of encouragement Army. It means a lot!
:jnj :jnj :jnj :jnj
snowcapt

Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:37 pm

Way to go bro, congrats on the job, I am sure the job will make you feel more whole again.
CRBrewHound

Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:56 pm

I've been meaning to send you something, but can't find the right card. I may have to make it... but without gel pens, glitter, or whatever else is banned...
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:54 am

Congrats and good luck!
rlynge

Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:23 am

snowcapt wrote: I have also been doing research on starting an apiary.

Well I started one last year with two hives and it is one of the most fasinating things I have ever done.
Then also you have even more of a reason to say M E A D, what is MEAD?
Go for it snowcapt, hope the job goes well.
awalker

Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:48 am

awalker wrote:
snowcapt wrote: I have also been doing research on starting an apiary.

Well I started one last year with two hives and it is one of the most fasinating things I have ever done.
Then also you have even more of a reason to say M E A D, what is MEAD?
Go for it snowcapt, hope the job goes well.

My sister in law is going to bee keeping classes now and was excited to tell me of the mead making session at the last class. She and her husband are almost finished building their house up the hill behind ours. He is a craft brew lover (and soon to be co-hombrewer) with a horticilture degree and says he will grow all the veggies so I can turn my garden to 100% hops! I plan to add 3 more varieties to my Cascade this year. Bee hives will be one of their first projects and we should shortly have an Organic Homebrew Compound. Stay strong Snowcapt!
A woman drove me to drink, and I never had the courtesy to thank her-W.C. Fields
scotchpine

Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:32 am

I started work last night. It is a pretty easy job. All I did was inspect parts, babysit a machine, and got myself familiar with proper paperwork procedure. It will get more demanding, to be sure. I can’t wait to be familiar with my surroundings and be able to just go, go, go. I should probably be careful what I wish for.
snowcapt

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Stuff