Re: House Broken Into Thanksgiving Night

Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:38 am

Live just south of Memorial Drive, so not really Decatur, but rather in Dekalb County. Kind of a quiet peacefull neighborhood most of the time. It was built in the 1960s on an old pecan orchard and most of the homes still have the original residents in them. We bought the place in 2003 and at the time it was as close to Decatur as we could get and afford it. Now, I'm regretting not just renting in town until we could afford to buy where we wanted to be. Oh well, lessons learned...

Anyone want to rent a very nice 3 bedroom 2.5 bath on 1/2 acre with 6 pecan trees and more squirrels than you can count. Just a major crime problem to contend with. :)

On the upside, I'm getting pretty damn good at replacing doors, reconstructing door frames, installing security system components, etc.

Oh, by-the-way, I stopped by Cakes and Ale's new bakery this morning. Good cup of coffee and the best croissant I've ever had, and not too pricey either. Check it out if you haven't been. Looked like a decent beer list also, but a little pricey when compared to BSP.
keelanfish

Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:12 pm

Sorry to hear of your issues. Definitely look into home security issues to protect yourself and your belongings, like you have been since. We have video surveillance here at my house and I live in a village of 2,000 people. There's always options but nothing is a talisman.

[assshole mode] Your home was burglarized, not robbed. Robbery is a crime against a person. Burglary is a crime against property. If someone takes something out of your person directly, that's robbery. If someone takes something from your dwelling or place of business, that's burglary. Be clear to your insurance agency what it exactly was as they have two completely different legal meanings. [/asshole mode]
twitter.com/GentleCuntPunch

If you take what I post here literally, you're retarded. I'm here to fuck around, have a good time, and learn about beer. You mean nothing to me and I mean nothing to you.
Adam

Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:20 pm

a couple of these might help you out

Adopt a deaf dog. It will change your life in a positive way

Jamil Zainasheff has a walk in cooler.
Pamela Anderson has a walk in cooter.
San_Diego_Matt

Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:02 am

San_Diego_Matt wrote:a couple of these might help you out

[AssholeMode]You might want to get one that can hear the burglar coming.[/AssholeMode] :wink:
Eagle Dude

On Tap: Barrel Fermented Berlinerweisse 3.2%; American Pale Ale 6.3%, Amarillo Blond 5%
Aging: Flander's Red in a 60 gallon Merlot barrel
Fermenting: Robust Porter 6.5%
EagleDude

Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:55 pm

keelanfish wrote:Live just south of Memorial Drive, so not really Decatur, but rather in Dekalb County. Kind of a quiet peacefull neighborhood most of the time. It was built in the 1960s on an old pecan orchard and most of the homes still have the original residents in them. We bought the place in 2003 and at the time it was as close to Decatur as we could get and afford it. Now, I'm regretting not just renting in town until we could afford to buy where we wanted to be. Oh well, lessons learned...

Oh, by-the-way, I stopped by Cakes and Ale's new bakery this morning. Good cup of coffee and the best croissant I've ever had, and not too pricey either. Check it out if you haven't been. Looked like a decent beer list also, but a little pricey when compared to BSP.

We live Just north of Memorial, just off of Northern, if you know where that is. I have heard of Cakes and Ales but don't know where it is. If you haven't been before, give Melton's App and Tap on North Decatur at Medlock Plaza a try. It's one of my favorite places in town. Good food, great beer selection with constantly changing tap list and great service.
"The word unblowupable is tossed around a lot these days..."
Homer Simpson
bazookazilla

Previous

Return to Off Topic Stuff