House Broken Into Thanksgiving Night

Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:34 pm

We were out of town visiting family for the holiday weekend and while we were gone, some assholes kicked in our rear door and looted our house. For some reason the security alarm didn't go off, weird because it was still set when we got home and seems to be working fine now. Stole television, guns, jewelry, etc, etc. I'm most pissed off that they stole my brewing toolbox. Had all my misc. kegging parts, wrenches, fittings, portable CO2, tools, etc. I just put that together! What kind of fucktard robs someone on Thanksgiving? Anyhow, just thought I'd vent.
keelanfish

Re: House Broken Into Thanksgiving Night

Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:39 pm

sorry to hear that man, what kind of a douche would do that. keep an eye on your local craigslist to see if you can track this fucker down. i know when we were robbed years back the cops didn't do anything of value towards catching the criminal.
PFC BN Army - 43rd Battalion Mashing Squadron
beltbuckle

Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:26 pm

Sorry that happened to you and your family. Our house was robbed over the summer. The guy was caught by a suspicious vehcile report the same day and we got our stuff back. Still very disturbing. We live out in the country and don't expect this sort of thing. Alarm system installed the next week. We went to the guys bond hearing to speak and now it's personal. He's a repeat offender. Yes, I'm armed! Good luck.
A woman drove me to drink, and I never had the courtesy to thank her-W.C. Fields
scotchpine

Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:35 pm

Keelanfish,

I got robbed a couple of weeks ago. Idiots stole a bunch of kegs I was saving for my new brewery. Also stole all my power tools. They coming into the main part of the house but my dog scared them off? I found my kegs at a local scrapyard but have not got them back from police even though video evidence of thieves from scrapyard. I feel your pain. I can't use regular rounds on a thief in GWN but a guy in gunshop suggested that I use plastic loads instead.

DocDave
Docdave

Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:18 pm

Goddamn it. Some fucktard kicked my front door in yesterday, in the middle of the day! We live in a neighborhood with 45 foot lot widths, I can see no fewer than twenty houses from my front porch. Just amazing. They didn't even come in the house, the alarm must have scared them off. My wife gets home at four in the afternoon to find the trim on the floor and a note from the police saying they got a call from the alarm and came to find the front door wide open. Man, I want to move out of this shithole county so bad, but am so underwater on the house there's just no way. Damn, fuck, shit, hell, etc. I'm blaming Obama.

Anyhow, merry christmas.
keelanfish

Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:40 pm

Sounds like you need to invest in the only good home defense when your not there. BfD Big fucking dog a trained security dog would be even better.
The only soldier in the BN ARMY with Ink on his legs promoting The Brewing network and BN ARMY. Prost

"The BNA is my therapist." Mickp
Henning1966

Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:53 am

Henning1966 wrote:Sounds like you need to invest in the only good home defense when your not there. BfD Big fucking dog a trained security dog would be even better.

Or one of these:

Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:08 am

keelanfish wrote:Goddamn it. Some fucktard kicked my front door in yesterday, in the middle of the day! We live in a neighborhood with 45 foot lot widths, I can see no fewer than twenty houses from my front porch. Just amazing. They didn't even come in the house, the alarm must have scared them off. My wife gets home at four in the afternoon to find the trim on the floor and a note from the police saying they got a call from the alarm and came to find the front door wide open. Man, I want to move out of this shithole county so bad, but am so underwater on the house there's just no way. Damn, fuck, shit, hell, etc. I'm blaming Obama.

Anyhow, merry christmas.

Hate to hear that. What part of Decatur do you live in? My wife and I live in Avondale and have never had a problem, other than my truck getting broken into, however the police tell us that neighborhoods just around the corner have NUMEROUS problems and that we should be really careful around where we live.

Merry Christmas, BTW.
"The word unblowupable is tossed around a lot these days..."
Homer Simpson
bazookazilla

Next

Return to Off Topic Stuff