Re: What Occupations Does Everyone Have?

Tue May 03, 2011 10:08 pm

snowcapt wrote:I am doing a paper for school on brewing beer and the people that brew beer(Everyone else wants to do theirs on legalization of marijauna). I am specifically looking for the broad range of people that make beer, and how and why they started.
Jamil is in a good chunk of the paper already, so is John Blichmann, and yes even you Justin!
I want to show, throughout the paper, that a "silly" hobby can really change someone's life for the better. Mostly to prove that not all beer drinkers are just a bunch of deadbeat drunks; there are many positives in beer, to be sure, I just want to write a paper that can illustrate these points.
Thanks guys/gals/JP.
:jnj

So ... are we going to get a link to your paper when you are done?
Eagle Dude

On Tap: Barrel Fermented Berlinerweisse 3.2%; American Pale Ale 6.3%, Amarillo Blond 5%
Aging: Flander's Red in a 60 gallon Merlot barrel
Fermenting: Robust Porter 6.5%
EagleDude

Wed May 04, 2011 4:25 am

Yep. I will put it up when I write the final draft. It is due Tues. the 10th. It is almost done, though. Just need to polish the rough edges.
snowcapt

Wed May 04, 2011 5:58 am

EagleDude wrote:
snowcapt wrote:I am doing a paper for school on brewing beer and the people that brew beer(Everyone else wants to do theirs on legalization of marijauna). I am specifically looking for the broad range of people that make beer, and how and why they started.
Jamil is in a good chunk of the paper already, so is John Blichmann, and yes even you Justin!
I want to show, throughout the paper, that a "silly" hobby can really change someone's life for the better. Mostly to prove that not all beer drinkers are just a bunch of deadbeat drunks; there are many positives in beer, to be sure, I just want to write a paper that can illustrate these points.
Thanks guys/gals/JP.

My daughter just turned in a college term paper on history of beer and home brewing, like 5000 words. She used a lot of the How Beer Saved the World perspective; first agriculture, currency, vaccine research and patriotic history, with me following our founding fathers habits. Even threw Obama in there. Very nice read and I'm proud of her for it. Hope you both get a good grade on your papers :jnj
A woman drove me to drink, and I never had the courtesy to thank her-W.C. Fields
scotchpine

Wed May 04, 2011 6:46 am

scotchpine wrote:
EagleDude wrote:
Thanks guys/gals/JP.

My daughter just turned in a college term paper on history of beer and home brewing, like 5000 words. She used a lot of the How Beer Saved the World perspective; first agriculture, currency, vaccine research and patriotic history, with me following our founding fathers habits. Even threw Obama in there. Very nice read and I'm proud of her for it. Hope you both get a good grade on your papers :jnj

Thanks, man. Mine is not really a technical paper, per se, it is for a creative writing class and she wants a non-fiction paper. I figure I may as well write about something I know a little bit about. I did one already on homebrewing and I got great feedback. I even had a guy in class come to my house and showed him how it is done. He got a Mr. Beer kit a few years ago and wanted to get back into it. So, I made a friend, got an "A", and drank beers. Can't beat that right?
snowcapt

Wed May 04, 2011 10:39 am

analytical biochemist....i develop methods to measure various drugs using UPLC-MS/MS
suck it
boobookittyfuk

Wed May 04, 2011 7:47 pm

Beer brewer at a brewpub.
GoldNoggin

Thu May 05, 2011 10:42 am

Waldo wrote:
KiltedDrummer wrote:Dataware Warehouse and ETL developer for a giant bank that may have a very large presence near Pacheco. This gig ends in July so if anyone is in need of having their data moved into a dimensional modeled warehouse do let me know.

I must be an idiot because I only got about half of what that means, and those were the small words.....

On the upside, the market for KiltedDrummers may be opening up soon! BTW, do you attend the Carolina Brewmasters meetings?
A woman drove me to drink, and I never had the courtesy to thank her-W.C. Fields
scotchpine

Thu May 05, 2011 6:06 pm

boobookittyfuk wrote:analytical biochemist....i develop methods to measure various drugs using UPLC-MS/MS

So you're the guy I'm trying to beat, huh? :shock:

Unless you're not measuring the levels of drugs in a body. In which case I guess we're cool.
JakeAndBake

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Stuff