503 error trying to download episodes using RSS

Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:45 pm

While at work I've been listening to episodes of The Jamil Show, The Homebrewed Chef etc. while sitting in front of the computer for hours. I also travel on planes alot for work so I like to have some episodes on my phone to listen to while en route. Lately I've started getting errors when trying to download episodes with my podcast app. When I go directly to the URL given in the RSS XML for the .mp3 file in my browser I see the following error message:

Stop abusing The Brewing Network.

Take a day off and actually LISTEN to those shows, then come back for more tomorrow.

My android app (DoggCatcher) reports this as a HTTP 503 error.

I can still download other apps from other RSS feeds so the error seems to be specifically with TheBrewingNetwork and is not my client. I also listen to alot of podcasts from:

[URL removed by code]

and this site still works without issus (along with Basic Brewing Radio etc.).

Can you please provide guidance or assistance?

Thanks,
Randy Sturgill
twinsDaddy

Re: 503 error trying to download episodes using RSS

Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:54 pm

If you limit yourself to 10-15 episodes per day, you won't have a problem.
503 is an appropriate message.
code
codewritinfool

Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:04 pm

I get the same message and I haven't DL'd squat! At first I was thinking it was the DoggCatcher app. So I tried Google and a few other RSS readers - nada. Perhaps I should just uninstall them all and reset the settings to default and try tomorrow?
I support Yeast Sex
BrotherMalcolm

Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:22 pm

BrotherMalcolm wrote:I get the same message and I haven't DL'd squat! At first I was thinking it was the DoggCatcher app. So I tried Google and a few other RSS readers - nada. Perhaps I should just uninstall them all and reset the settings to default and try tomorrow?

Are you downloading at work or from someplace that serves multiple computers from a single external IP?

My thought is that someone else is using your limit and you don't know it.
Just a thought.
I'm sick of chasing my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're going and hook up with them later.
tlael

Return to Support