Setting Up Avatar

Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:06 pm

How do you set up your avatar? I have tried using a URL but it states the URL is invalid. Can I load a photo from my PC?
snap1042

Re: Setting Up Avatar

Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:23 am

You have to use a photo hosting service like photobucket.
code
codewritinfool

Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:58 pm

I have made a photobucket account for the purpose of making an avatar that will work on this site. I uploaded a picture, cropped it, and resized it so that it is 75 x 75 pixels, 6 KB. I copied and pasted the correct link into the link off-site bar and specified in the avatar dimensions bar that the dimensions were 75 x 75 pixels. It said it was successful, but when I checked my profile, it doesn't show a picture.

What should I do?
A woman drove me to drink, and I never had the courtesy to thank her-W.C. Fields
scotchpine

Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:57 am

scotchpine wrote:I have made a photobucket account for the purpose of making an avatar that will work on this site. I uploaded a picture, cropped it, and resized it so that it is 75 x 75 pixels, 6 KB. I copied and pasted the correct link into the link off-site bar and specified in the avatar dimensions bar that the dimensions were 75 x 75 pixels. It said it was successful, but when I checked my profile, it doesn't show a picture.

What should I do?

Looks like the link you used is to the Photobucket console, you just need a direct link to the photo.

This is what you currently have - http://s1163.photobucket.com/albums/q54 ... 32-2-1.jpg
This is what it should be - http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q54 ... 32-2-1.jpg

Hope it helps!
BadRock
Global Moderator

Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:43 pm

Go it! Thanks BadRock, you rock!
A woman drove me to drink, and I never had the courtesy to thank her-W.C. Fields
scotchpine

Return to Support