Best means to send in a beer or eight

Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:04 pm

Hey guys,

I am planning on sending some beer off around the 21st of November to the show and would like to have tips for sending beer.

I read some stuff on the "Help with a stout recipe (where are ya Doc?)" thread under the "Favorite Beer Recipes & Styles" section and caught some tips there, but would like more information.

Such as, what should I say I am shipping (since UPS always asks me)? Should I say something like "yeast cultures for evaluation," or should I just say something like a lead anchor and some rope? My state pretty much makes it illegal to send alcohol out of state (or in state, as of 11/1), so I want to be damn careful about what I'm doing.

I plan on putting all the beer in bubble wrap, then in bags, then in peanuts, just to make sure I have no leakers. Other than that, I'd appreciate any additional pointers.

- joe
trans

Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:19 pm

What if you were shipping your beer for a competition? I read an article, it's an older one, that said you could ship your beer across country for competition. Just a thought...

Rob
2DogAle

Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:09 pm

I usually tell them glassware. You could use groundwater samples as well. Or do what I did. Try different places until you find one that asks no questions. I have one place by me that just dosn't care. I love that place.

Travis
A very silly place... http://yarnzombie.net/Travis/

Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza.
-Dave Barry
Lufah

Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:09 pm

Like I said in another thread, I told them "collectable beer bottles".

Wayne
Bugeater Brewing Company
Bugeater Brewing Company
http://www.lincolnlagers.com
Bugeater

Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:44 pm

Good suggestions already. I always say glassware and then use bubble wrap, baggies, peanuts and newspaper and have never had a leaker or a problem.
brewcrew

Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:09 am

Thanks a lot for the suggestions, guys.

I am definitely leery of using the term "beer" anywhere near this, so I'll probably go with glassware or water samples or the like.

If there is anything else anyone wants to suggest though, I'm open ears.

- joe
trans

Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:17 am

You can label them samples

Dogger
"The immense importance of a pint of ale to a common person should never be overlooked" From the Canon of St Pauls Cathedral
Dogger Dan

Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:23 am

Dogger Dan wrote:You can label them samples

Dogger

Yeah, I was wondering...

I plan on sending some local brews in addition to my own. Would it be a good idea to strip the labels off of those, or am I going overboard by doing that?

Thanks.

- joe
trans

Next

Return to General Beer Related