Re: New England Ipa Opinions

Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:15 pm

Skibbereen wrote:
mobrewer wrote:
Cacturne wrote:New England IPAs are beers that are purposely hazy or cloudy, which can give these brews a smooth, creamy mouthfeel – a departure from the light/dry mouthfeel you often get with West Coast IPAs – with little to no hop bitterness at the end utilizing hops that impart a tropical, juicy sweetness rather than the classic bitter, dank or citrus-y flavors West Coast IPA lovers have come to expect.

Sounds like my homebrew before I learned water chemistry and became more disciplined with my IPA technique.

The haziness is all about the water chemistry and technique. All they are (or should be if done correctly anyway) is have a high Chloride to Sulphate ratio, and dryhopping during active fermentation.

I love them. Great juicy flavor and very easy drinking.

Where I come from that's called brewing with tap water. If you like to brew that style move to Kansas City. No water chemistry needed and you'll brew one of those IPA's.

Oh yeah, back on topic. I like kittens for sandpaper tongue.
Brian
KCMO
mobrewer

Re: New England Ipa Opinions

Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:47 am

Yeah, this one is for JP. I NAILED it!!!!!

SO Juicy! I mean, shit yeah...you can even SEE the pulp!

BN Army : Cannon Fodder Division

"Risk of failure should be no deterrent to trying"
NateBrews

Previous

Return to General Beer Related