Wheat DME in starter

Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:59 pm

OK, I accidentally bought a pound of Wheat DME (45%/55%) and thought it was Plain Light. I need to do a starter tonight and would need to use 50g Light DME, 100g Wheat DME.

Will this make any difference to my WLP007 as it sits on a stir plate?
Timmy
BN Army Air Corps

Go Cubbies!
TimmyR

Re: Wheat DME in starter

Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:34 am

You will be just fine using the wheat DME blend without any issues. You really only run in to problems when using simple sugars to make starters, like honey, cane/corn sugar, etc. Have no worries and get to brewing!
"A bad man is a good man's job, while a good man is a bad man's teacher."
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:16 pm

brewinhard wrote:You will be JUST FINE using the wheat DME blend without any issues. You really only run in to problems when using simple sugars to make starters, like honey, cane/corn sugar, etc. Have no worries and get to brewing!

:unicornrainbow:
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:42 pm

brewinhard wrote:You will be just fine using the wheat DME blend without any issues. You really only run in to problems when using simple sugars to make starters, like honey, cane/corn sugar, etc. Have no worries and get to brewing!

Gracias...I wasn't all that worried. Just figured it was worth asking the question. Beer brewed and numbers hit.

Cheers
Timmy
BN Army Air Corps

Go Cubbies!
TimmyR

Return to Extract & Partial Mash Brewing